PENNSYLVANIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure if this matters but I know someone who took the FE in PA and despite the Dec 22nd "release" their score was still unavailable today after logging into NCEES. it seems that there is a lag time after the release date. keep on waiting...

Some of the other state threads say people talked to NCEES and the results won't be released today. Given that PA appears to be one of the last states to get the results out, we could be in for a loooooooong wait. The tracking spreadsheet sometimes has 20 days between the first state and PA. Not cool.

Some of the other state threads say people talked to NCEES and the results won't be released today. Given that PA appears to be one of the last states to get the results out, we could be in for a loooooooong wait. The tracking spreadsheet sometimes has 20 days between the first state and PA. Not cool.
I think it will be different this year. It looks like we may receive our results around the same time as the initial wave since the NCEES webpage doesnt say they are sending the results to PA to validate.

If we have 20 more days I am going to go crazy! The website doesn't say anything about sending the results to the third party company this year...we need to keep the atmosphere positive...we ARE getting the results at the same time as the other states!

I emailed the PA PE Board asking about the October 2010 PE Results. The girl that responded told me to contact the testing agency (aka PCS).

So I emailed PCS with the following:

"I contacted the PA state board concerning the status of the results from the 2010 exam and they told me I should contact you.

I was wondering if there was any news on the 2010 PE Exam Results. Also, are we going to be notified by mail again or will the results be delivered electronically?

Thank you for your time…"

Their Reply

"They have not been released yet, you will be notified via email by NCEES when we give the go ahead to release them."

My Reply

"What kind of turn around time is between results released to you and email sent to me?"

Their Reply

"by next week"

Thanks for contacting them.

at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel now. looks like Ohio got their results!

Ugh. I was really hoping to get the results this week, while I was off work and had time for the excitement/disappointment to wear off. Is it worse knowing the results are out, but we can't see them yet?

i haven't heard anything. anyone else know anything?? i don't know if i should be expecting something soon, or if we know its going to be a much longer wait!

Massachusettes and New Jersey (both PCS testing states) released their results yesterday... Both states had to review the results and release them. What about the rest of the PCS states?

Did anyone contact PCS today?

I am curious as to how this worked for MA and NJ. Waiting here in WI (another wonderful PCS user) and all they will say is they will release results in 1-2 weeks. Which is ridiculous but that is what they said. This would be consistent with when WI received results for the April 2010 exam (around week 11). :hung-037:

Latest Conversation With PCS

ME:

Due to the fact that New Jersey and Massachusettes results have been released (both utilize your testing service) is there any chance that Pennsylvania’s results will be released today? If not is the hold up due to PCS or the State Board?

PCS:

Both and we are working on them. Thank you for your patience.

What a great company this PCS is. I don't understand what they have to do with the exams. Yesterday they told me that they needed to "reconcile them" (whatever that means) and today they are "working on them" (even more BS). If NCEES doesnt already do everything that needs to be done with the exams and results what do we pay them for. In my experience working with and for different companies I've noticed that generally when people are vaque in response to questions it usually means that they are milking the system and trying to come up with a reason that you actually need their services.

UPDATE...

ME:

So that means that results will not be released for Pennsylvania this week?

PCS:

Can't say, we hope today but may be next week.

What a great company this PCS is. I don't understand what they have to do with the exams. Yesterday they told me that they needed to "reconcile them" (whatever that means) and today they are "working on them" (even more BS). If NCEES doesnt already do everything that needs to be done with the exams and results what do we pay them for. In my experience working with and for different companies I've noticed that generally when people are vaque in response to questions it usually means that they are milking the system and trying to come up with a reason that you actually need their services.
Couldn't have said it better myself! In my field, I work with many customers who use 3rd party engineering review firms that try and "justify" that they are actually providing a service and making BS comments which ends up just delaying the overall schedule. If NCEES delivers the results to PCS, PCS shouldn't have to do anything but remit the results to us. Then they can "claim" they did their part. Just make it online or something so it appears we are using "their services". This seems way more difficult than it should be. BTW, if you talk with them again, ask them about WI results being released. LOL :thumbs:

Looks like we'll be waiting until next year. :(

:waitwall:

Happy New Year's everyone!

Back