PE Resume

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wongdaisiu

Reaction score
Hi All:

Just wanted some thoughts on having a PE and the resume. I've noticed that some people put "PE" or a variation of it following their name (e.g. wongdaisiu, PE).

Somehow I feel that I need to put "Licensed Professional Engineer, IL" somewhere in the body of the resume. All this seems a little bit redundant, and hence I am thinking about chucking the PE after my name.

Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi All:
Just wanted some thoughts on having a PE and the resume. I've noticed that some people put "PE" or a variation of it following their name (e.g. wongdaisiu, PE).

Somehow I feel that I need to put "Licensed Professional Engineer, IL" somewhere in the body of the resume. All this seems a little bit redundant, and hence I am thinking about chucking the PE after my name.

Any guidance will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
IMHO, if you are going to work at a place where the PE will have any value, the person looking at the resume will know what it means.

I actually just updated my resume with this. I put "PE" after my name at the very top of my resume. On page two I created a brief separate section entitled "PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION" and indicated there "Professional Engineer, State of XX, 20XX". Also agree with picusld as well. Any company that places value on having a PE will certainly know what it means.

Sorry...my question was putting it in two places, would it be redundant? I was assuming that whoever was looking at the resume would know what PE means.

I actually just updated my resume with this. I put "PE" after my name at the very top of my resume. On page two I created a brief separate section entitled "PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION" and indicated there "Professional Engineer, State of XX, 20XX". Also agree with picusld as well. Any company that places value on having a PE will certainly know what it means.

Back