PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to hear (or rather see) that, owillis. What do you think went wrong? This may be the place to report your diagnostic (others as well). There are people here that can figure out a number correct, etc.

Again, I'm sorry you did not pass this time...

ktulu

I hate to hear (or rather see) that, owillis. What do you think went wrong? This may be the place to report your diagnostic (others as well). There are people here that can figure out a number correct, etc.
Again, I'm sorry you did not pass this time...

ktulu
The geotechnical part killed me. I somehow got a 38% in the morning but a 83% in the afternoon.

Here is my diagnostic. Hopefully, this does not create too much laughter.

Breath-Enviro 50%

Breath-Geotech 38%

Breath-Structural 63%

Breath-Transpo 50%

Breath-Water Resources 63%

Traffic Analysis 67%

Transpo Planning/ Constr. 50%

Geometric Design/ Traffic Safety 78%

Geotechnical 83%

Water Resources 63%

I don't even know if I am going to retake the exam. :brickwall:

I would also like to add that I thought the morning was pretty brutal. The afternoon went pretty good, from what I remember. I knew I was going to struggle with some of the traffic safety & analysis problems because I did not have any college classes nor job experience in this area. :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend, aint' nobody here laughing at you.

Sorry about your result. Hopefully some people here will have good insight for you.

Good luck!

Friend, aint' nobody here laughing at you.
Sorry about your result. Hopefully some people here will have good insight for you.

Good luck!
If anyone could give me a number correct to compare to mine, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

owillis

I get:

The geotechnical part killed me. I somehow got a 38% in the morning but a 83% in the afternoon.

Breath-Enviro 50% 4/8

Breath-Geotech 38% 3/8

Breath-Structural 63% 5/8

Breath-Transpo 50% 4/8

Breath-Water Resources 63% 5/8

21/40

Traffic Analysis 67% 6/9

Transpo Planning/ Constr. 50% 4/8

Geometric Design/ Traffic Safety 78% 7/9

Geotechnical 83% 5/6

Water Resources 63% 5/8

27/40

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. Don't make any decisions right now, take a week or 2 off and enjoy the season. Hang in there, you can do it in April.

Last edited:
Bummer owillis - sorry to hear you didn't get it. I think tawlk is right - don't make any decisions now. Try to put this behind you and enjoy the holidays.

That sucks man.

I would say keep trying. But make your final decision after the holidays. You must at least enjoy that.

owillis28,

It looks like you did fine in the afternoon but not in the morning (so your impressions seem accurate). Do *NOT* get discouraged. I'm curious to know if by "brutal" you mean:

1) You had no idea how to approach the problem

2) You thought you knew how to approach the problem (i.e. you knew the governing equation), but couldn't find one or more variables

3) You thought you knew how to approach the problem, you thought you had all the variables, but the answer you calculated wasn't one of the four choices

I'll save what I think the answer means until you give it...

Feel for you OW. i see that you took transp. depth. i am a transp. guy. let me/us know here if we can be of any help. like everyone said. take the pedal ogg the gas for now and then hit it smart-hard.

You did well in the afternoon (like i thought i did) but morning killed, i would say that morning geotech (like u said) and transportation (50% in morning) also killed. you should score maximum points in the breadth for the subject for which u r attempting depth. well, easier said than done. just relax and get it done the next time...

owillis --

Like others have said, take some time to be angry and then think about how you want to regroup. I am sure you have already invested too much of your time, effort, money, AND PRIDE to just let it go. Give a little time to let the sting subside and come back and work towards passing with a clear head and a refreshed/renewed attitude. It is an uphill climb but one you can manage with the right perspective.

For the record, I took the exam FOUR times. As much as it sucked to go through all of that (and believe me it SUCKED ROYALLY), I can look back at it now and shrug off all of those times that I didn't make it. Once you pass, you will be doing the same thing. I can promise you that!

I wish you well - we will be here when you pick it up again. :)

JR

owillis --
Like others have said, take some time to be angry and then think about how you want to regroup. I am sure you have already invested too much of your time, effort, money, AND PRIDE to just let it go. Give a little time to let the sting subside and come back and work towards passing with a clear head and a refreshed/renewed attitude. It is an uphill climb but one you can manage with the right perspective.

For the record, I took the exam FOUR times. As much as it sucked to go through all of that (and believe me it SUCKED ROYALLY), I can look back at it now and shrug off all of those times that I didn't make it. Once you pass, you will be doing the same thing. I can promise you that!

I wish you well - we will be here when you pick it up again. :)

JR
Thanks to everybody for the kind words. Still kind of stings but starting to wear off. I don't understand why I struggle with the morning part. I did pretty well with the transportation afternoon, even though I do not work in that field.

I knew I was going to struggle with some of the traffic safety & analysis problems because I did not have any college classes nor job experience in this area. :2cents:

OW,

sorry to hear about it, and those diagnostics are nothing to laugh at, and are not far off at all. Another 4-6 in the morning and you're in.

Like JR above, I too suffered through 4 exams. I changed my study habits and methods for the 4th try, and it made all the difference.

I first sat down and read the CERM like it was a book. About 20 of the chapters that way. Then I started working problems like they were exam problems, using my references and all, then only looking for answers AFTER the fact. Then I would re-write the problem with the solved answer on a sheet, and I kept all my worked problems in a binder.

The week leading up to the exam, I just re-read the binder of my worked problems, it refreshed my mind on the methods and materials used to solve them.

Go get it in April.

Those diagnostics are nothing to laugh at. When I failed the FE the first time I received a ZERO percent on Transportation, my college emphasis, and a really high score on Structures, my college nemesis. The next time I took it I really prepared and then relaxed and passed. However, seeing the diagnostics along with the failing letter for either of these exams often feels like a sucker punch from the Board.

I'm still waiting on results and I'm starting to get the nagging feeling that I failed. I'll be your study buddy for April!

Back