PE preparation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

historic66

Reaction score
Hi Fellas,

I will be taking PE in April 10. Any word of advice as to how much effort should I be putting in? I am planning on starting prep soon and should have around 3 months total. I am taking Transpo in afternoon which is something I do everyday at work. I have been out of school for 4-5 years, so needless to say not everything is fresh in memory. I did however take Civil in afternoon in FE and did put in a lot of efforts towards it. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks.

I put forth about 3.5 months of pretty constant studying. That included a week long review session. Generally I would review during my lunch hour and about 2-3 hrs. a night during the work week and about 4 hrs. on each weekend day. I did take a day off here and there....in my opinion, much needed to allow the brain to recharge! Some may study more or less but for me that's what it took!

I can't stress how important I thought the review session was, at least for me.

Best of luck in your studies.......I'm sure we'll see you again in late June awaiting your results! Good luck! :beerchug:

I put forth about 3.5 months of pretty constant studying. That included a week long review session. Generally I would review during my lunch hour and about 2-3 hrs. a night during the work week and about 4 hrs. on each weekend day. I did take a day off here and there....in my opinion, much needed to allow the brain to recharge! Some may study more or less but for me that's what it took!
I can't stress how important I thought the review session was, at least for me.

Best of luck in your studies.......I'm sure we'll see you again in late June awaiting your results! Good luck! :beerchug:
Thanks PA_Mining. Review session is something I am also betting on so much. It just so happens everytime that no matter how long I study, a week before exam is always most useful.

Hi Fellas,
I will be taking PE in April 10. Any word of advice as to how much effort should I be putting in? I am planning on starting prep soon and should have around 3 months total. I am taking Transpo in afternoon which is something I do everyday at work. I have been out of school for 4-5 years, so needless to say not everything is fresh in memory. I did however take Civil in afternoon in FE and did put in a lot of efforts towards it. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks.
I took the Transportation also Oct. 2007, April 2008 then took a break until Oct. 2009. I did not study that much for the first two. I started August 10th with pereview.net and went 3 hours a night Mon. thru Fri., 4 to 7 hours on Sat. and 2 to 4 hours on Sun. I did not miss a day until Oct. 16th and 17th when my son came down for a two day archery hunt for deer. I hit it again on the 18th thru the 21st for only about 2 hrs. a night. The day before was "Dead Day" for travel to the site and a little relaxing.

I was looking for study sessions but did not want to travel for 8 to 12 Saturdays to Dallas (closest place) and I found pereview.net through a google search. The Prof. is a Transportation Engineer so I said "What the heck". I actually got really motivated and used this tool along with my other reference material. All this to say, "it must have paid off", I PASSED! I did not have a "Roadside Design Guide" and there were a couple of questions that required it's use. I have rambled enough so GOOD LUCK in April... :)

Back