PE passers by age.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passed at 49. Passed the EIT in 1993. Worked Construction/Project Management for many years (not under a PE) so it took me quite some time to qualify. Never give up. You can do this !!!
I passed the EIT in 1991. I lived in upper Northern California where the test and any exam prep courses were 2 hrs away and was married to someone who was not supportive. So it took me a long while to get my act together. Moral of the story it's never too late and don't marry a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a great achievement to pass with the responsibilities at work and home. It requires a lot of determination to put in the efforts to study and pass. Huge respect people!    :D

Cocky Gen Z here
I stand corrected; It would be interesting to see how each stacks up Gen X, Millennials, or "Cocky" Gen Z.

Not to change the subject, but I was at a luncheon where the different Generations in the workforce were discussed.  The Professor giving the presentation stated that Generation X has a lot more in common with Generation Z than Millennials.

Passed at 49. Passed the EIT in 1993. Worked Construction/Project Management for many years (not under a PE) so it took me quite some time to qualify. Never give up. You can do this !!!
Thanks for your words of inspiration... I am 47 and today I found out I failed the PE Mechanical Systems & Design test for the 2nd time. Very discouraged but thinking I'll try it next year.... I need time to recoup.

Back