PE in Puerto Rico

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden Eagle PE

Mechanical Engineer
Reaction score
I work with a guy who has his PE from Puerto Rico. I know this is not a US State but it is still American soil and therefore shouldn't it be taken as seriously as a PE from Texas (assuming you don't have stamp something in Texas)? I am asking because this guy might be a good PE reference for me (for the PE exam) but I don't know if the Texas State board will accept it. Seems to be like they should, but I just wanted to someone else's thoughts on it. Thanks!

I might eventually contact the Texas State board anyway but I just thought I would come here first. I appreciate the insight.

Your colleague from Puerto Rico is as good as a PE from Texas--no worries there. Puerto Rico takes the NCEES engineering examinations just like we do here in the United Stated. The Puerto Rico colleges have to be ABET accredited, just like on the mainland. Get your paperwork together, politely ask if your colleague if he/she will give you an endorsement. Assuming the answer is ye, get the paperwork submitted and study like hell for the April 13 examination.

Study hard-- you only need to do this once--ruin the time between now and April, then you are done with this.

Back