PE exam gotcha!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best advice is to watch your clock, know that at 10:00 I should be through x number of problems so that at 10:00 you know where you stand, I can't telll you how many gasps I heard when they announced 15 minutes. The other little tid-bit is to keep track of the amount of questions you know for certain are correct. When I left I was certian I had over 70% of the test correct so the guessing or ones that I was fairly sure about would only help that amount and that really helps with peace of mind, because if you think the stress is getting high now just wait until the first states start to report, you will go nuts waiting.

- Don't overstudy topics that are not likely to be on the test - or will not account for a significant percentage of the content.

- Don't worry too much. (may be easier said than done - but try to relax)

Take a wheeled suitcase for your books. I took two crates, and it was tough to lug those around. If you take a snack, take twizzlers, they're crumb-free, gives a sugar boost and isn't noisy.

I agree with the above posts - take two of the same calculator, it's easier to jump to the other one if the first one fails. You won't need a whole lot of references, no handtrucks or little red wagons or wheelbarrows. They let me have a clear plastic ruler too, that comes in useful when trying to read tables, but check w/ your state rules.

Good luck! It will all be over in 2 1/2 weeks. :)

p.s. when exam is over, celebrate!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back