PE and Practice exam references

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Ok... 5 days to the exam... I am taking civil/enviro. Aside from the boatload of texts I am taking, I have the "the other board" practice exam, and the NCEES practice exam for civil. How many questions could I theoretically pull from these two resources that might be in a similar format on the test? I have heard the NCEES test is 'gold' for the exam... I have done a ton of problems, and from what I have seen, in review tapes and the like, there are several "canned" problems that would potentially be on the exam (t-beams, reservoirs, etc).

I have studied these in detail, noted them... etc... Am I on the right track? I know you cannot possibly memorize EVERYTHING on the exam, let alone take the time to look it up in multiple references. But I have tabbed everything I seem to think might be on there. Maybe it is week- before jitters, or maybe it's the beer taking (why the hell would I post at 1130 pm anyway?) but I guess I'm looking for the edge to pass, the first time (a guy I work with has taking it 5 times (like they said in P.C.U. (the movie) "Don't be that guy")

Brian

I think its always an option but more likely you might recall "part" of a problem from sample problems you have worked, than being able to find anything word for word.

But If you have worked them enough to recognize a problem then I would take them with you.

I think a big part of this exam involves having the right references wih you.

Back