PDH's and Taxes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civengPE

Reaction score
I've seen another thread refering to PDH's and it got me thinking. What if a bunch of us planned a vacation to the same hotel / resort at the same time. Could we then, get together a couple of times to discuss engineering stuff over beer and get our PDH's covered? If so, couldn't we then claim the whole trip on our taxes?

I think since we have a pretty good sized group here we could start the Engineer Board annual conference. I could print up some flyer's and mail them to you for documentation etc..

This seems do-able. As a side note, you probably wouldn't even have to claim vacation days at work.

:congrats:

Looks like someone else beat me to the punch on this idea on the other thread.

I think we should really try to put this together. i vote for the Mayan Riviera. I have stayed at an all-inclusive there that is reasonably priced and would be perfect.

The presenter of a topic usually gets 2 x the hours for presenting. Also, being an officer for a professional association gets you 4 hours without doing anything else.

I can usually get cheap condos as well at www.uvsaves.com .

Who ever does the presenting, will need to give out certificates of attendance for their topic, and take rolls in case someone has an audit.

I gotcha covered Slugger. I saw blank certificates at office depot his weekend. Very professional looking and cheap. we could just print them up after every "seminar".

Could we then, get together a couple of times to discuss engineering stuff over beer and get our PDH's covered?
I can get PDH's for drinking? Sweeeeeet. :drunk:
You can even be paid to do it if you become a quality control engineer of a winery, or brewery.

A few years ago, I played baseball for the Anheiser(SP)-Busch Baseball team out of St. Louis for a few weekends at some tournaments. They were mostly the engineering department at the brewery.

It would be nice to work within my major, but those engineers never leave, and there thousands that apply for each opening.

I sent off an RFI to this resort to test the waters.

How does the week of May 14th 2007 work for you guys? It will be after the April Exam, so some that took the exam might want to come to let off some steam and it will be before our PDH's are due.

We need some topic ideas and volunteers to present.

Last edited by a moderator:
So that makes six of us including spouses.

How bout it everyone? Do you want to try to do this?

The first round will be on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I would have to have a board meet up.

I don't have the extra coin to blow on a trip to the Yucatan though. Hell, I don't even have the coin to blow on a trip to Yonkers. :eek:ld timer:

I sent off an RFI to this resort to test the waters.
How does the week of May 14th 2007 work for you guys? It will be after the April Exam, so some that took the exam might want to come to let off some steam and it will be before our PDH's are due.

We need some topic ideas and volunteers to present.
I already have a trip planned to PCB (www.majesticbeachresort.com) through www.uvsaves.com the last week of May, 2007. They have conference facilities there.

Topics????

Back