Passing SE scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My confidence level was moderate to good. My thoughts were more in regards to "why would they ask that". From a bridge standpoint, I feel that they threw in some items that we as engineers normally don't use in the office, but after reflecting on it, I can see how someone in academia would look at it differently. As a side note, I have been taking the exam in Illinois, where there are additional regulations during the exam regarding what can and cannot be used as a reference. I feel that since the exam is to be a national standard now, all states should adhere to the rules set forth by NCEES. I also agree, more transparnecy and accountability would be nice but it will never happen.

My confidence level was moderate to good. My thoughts were more in regards to "why would they ask that". From a bridge standpoint, I feel that they threw in some items that we as engineers normally don't use in the office, but after reflecting on it, I can see how someone in academia would look at it differently. As a side note, I have been taking the exam in Illinois, where there are additional regulations during the exam regarding what can and cannot be used as a reference. I feel that since the exam is to be a national standard now, all states should adhere to the rules set forth by NCEES. I also agree, more transparnecy and accountability would be nice but it will never happen.
That's why I suggest every exam taker to write a comment to NCEES: http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=18920

If we don't say anything, NCEES would take it for granted that their graders did everything all right and their scoring policy is perfect. Everytime after the exam, they send everybody a survey but all are minor issues; for tgrading such kind of the most critical issue for us SE exam takers, they never ask us for comments....

Back