PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole process seems very unprofessional to me... What's the point of posting unofficial results? I doubt that anything will change but it still seems like there are better ways to process everything and stop messing with people's emotions.

I believe the scores shown on the PCS site will hold as well. I think it's a CYA on PCS's part until everything is validated through the board and NCEES. I'd just like to know that everything is official and there is no question.

It seemed too good to be true that PA would release the official results on the first day. I have always heard PA is one of the last states to officially release scores. Most of my friends where I work found out first on their NCEES account, but I don't think any of them were really looking as hard as I have and just waited for the official email or mailing. With that being said I still think we are all fine as long as our PCS accounts say pass. Has anyone actually seen a PCS account that said fail in PA?

I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I still think if it says pass we are good. Sorry to hear about your colleague.

Seems consistent, but I haven't received notification from NCEES yet. Just checked my account and still pending. Hopefully it's on its way.

We're gonna get through this. Once it's over, we need to help the April 2015 people get through their inevitable ordeal. That said... C'mon, state board (brought to you by PCS)!

yeah it is consistent with the PCS results, but I took 16 hr exam though. Probably PE verification needs more time. Sorry for confusion folks.

Any updates guys? I've heard pcs is blaming PA, and PA is blaming pcs. At least we know pass/fail at this point, but it would be cool to add P.E. to my email sig

A week ago I got back this email reply from PCS: The PA Board has not officially released the grades. You will receive an email when they do. It will have license instructions if you passed, if not then re-scheduling instructions.

Way to be vague, Pennsylvania....

The last time I spoke to PCS I was told that they are still reconciling the results whatever that means... So I asked if the "pass" result meant anything on their website and the lady said you can then assume you passed and that it just takes a while for PA to process everything.

It's nice to know we got the unofficial results via the PCS site a couple weeks back, but it's sad it's taking this long for PA to notify everyone of the official results. I must be jealous that some states have already issued license numbers even though their results came out after PA.

I was told yesterday by another PE that the licensing board has to have their monthly meeting in order to approve the licenses or issue them or something like that. Since they did not meet in December, after the exam results, their next scheduled meeting is January 14. It still does not explain why we haven’t received notification yet from anyone that we passed.... But congrats to anyone that "unofficially" passed...whatever that means.

I'm not sure the board has to approve the licenses. The April 2014 licenses were issued in June, and the board meet early May, well before NCEES released any results to the state. October 2013 licenses were issued January 2nd. For a license that signifies self regulation an transparency, the agencies involved in engineering licensure sure are shady.

Fingers crossed that we get news this week!! So tired of waiting, an EMAIL would be amazing at this point!

does anybody know if PA is a stamping and/or crimping state? I'm just licensed in NJ and looking to get PA reciprocity ASAP...

Back