P90X

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was about the guy who lives on a boat when he was on the left side of the screen. I've seen that so many times but can't think of what video it is. I think TH continues with "Come on, man! X me, X me!"

How am I supposed to do Ab Ripper X every other day when I can barely sit up to get out of bed today?

Don't feel so bad. Day 1 of P90X I threw up. Rest of the week I couldn't dress myself or lift my arms high enough to drive.

Don't feel so bad. Day 1 of P90X I threw up. Rest of the week I couldn't dress myself or lift my arms high enough to drive.
I'm not sure how telling him that is going to make him feel any better. :p

Because I stopped vomiting and could kinda move by the time week 2 rolled around!

Well day 2 did not happen for me as work and school got in the way. I have 2 rec league basketball games tonight so I don't know if day 3 will happen either. Hopefully I can get back with it tomorrow.

What's your guys general feelings on the Yoga X DVD? Is it worth doing, is it doable for stiff approaching middle aged guys? Do you replace it with something else?

What's your guys general feelings on the Yoga X DVD? Is it worth doing, is it doable for stiff approaching middle aged guys? Do you replace it with something else?
I did it every time it was called for when I did the whole program. When I started, I couldn't do half of that shit. By the end, I was doing most of the positions for most of the time, and I could tell I was a hell of a lot more flexible. The only problem is that a lot of them hurt my back. I really wish I was able to do them without my back hurting because I'd like to be more flexible.

I really enjoy doing the Yoga routine. I'm naturally flexible to begin with, but my balance sucks. Sure helped out in that department.

^^

I bought these back in September for $260. That was a great price, so this is even better. Even second hand you'd be hard pressed to find them that cheap.

This article seemed semi-related to the topic.

Study: Most Obese People Don't Think They are Obese

I have to admit I was one of those people that didn't think I was overweight even though the BMI numbers told me I was. I know BMI doesn't work for everyone (DV) but I now think for the average person it does. I fell into the trap of thinking "There is no way I could weigh that little, It would be unhealty". I was wrong.

This article seemed semi-related to the topic. Study: Most Obese People Don't Think They are Obese

I have to admit I was one of those people that didn't think I was overweight even though the BMI numbers told me I was. I know BMI doesn't work for everyone (DV) but I now think for the average person it does. I fell into the trap of thinking "There is no way I could weigh that little, It would be unhealty". I was wrong.
I agree my wife thinks that way.

Just jumped onto the bandwagon. I just ordered the DVD's and they should be here by this time next week. Let's see if I can actually get bulked up and maintain a bodyweight of over 150...

I wouldn't say P90X will "bulk" you up. It'll get you ripped, though. Hell, I haven't done a single routine in MONTHS and I can still get on the ole pull up bar and rip out 10 of any type. Not as easily as months ago, mind you, but 10 is still more than I could do for most of my life.

ngnrd said:
Welcome to the torture chamber, Dex. Good luck!
Update: At the end of Phase 1 of the Lean program, I'd lost 5 inches overall and dropped 14 pounds. Yesterday, I started week 8. I'm sitting at 238 pounds as of this morning. So, I've lost exactly one pound in the last three weeks. But, my clothes are still getting looser. And, I find myself doing strange things like jogging up stairs two at a time instead of walking, and spending long afternoons doing yard work without having to take several breaks. So I know, even if I'm not seeing much weight loss during this phase, the program is still working and my body is still changing.

Also, I have found a new nemesis... My love-hate relationship with the yoga video has been replaced with a loathing of what I call "the evil push-up video". Seriously, how many ways can there possibly be to do push-ups? And why do I have to do them all in the same hour TWICE? I know it's bad when I'm looking forward to the end of the push-up video just so I can get a break when I switch to ab ripper X. But I swear, before I'm done, I WILL be able to do one-handed push-ups.

Fixed.

More than anything, I need something thats effective that I can do at home without buying a ton of s#it. I already have a tower I can do pull/chin-ups, leg lifts with, and I have the Perfect Pushup handles.

edit: here's the rack I have at home:

p5380140dt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back