P90X

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ngnrd said:
...I have the Perfect Pushup handles.
Except when they throw staggered grip, narrow grip, or wide grip in the mix...

Did I mention that I hate the evil push-up video?
I have these:

PPUP.jpg

Plus I have a handful of dumbells which can be used for pushup handles.

Varying grips shouldn't be a problem.

we have a "unofficial copy" of them, but I dont have disc 1. Is there a set order you are supposed to do them in?

I am bored with running, and my 5 sets of excerices with dumbells doesnt ever seem to do anything...

or is it fairly obvious, do disc 2 for a week, disc 3, etc??? it sounds like you guys are going on some type of routine?

Just finished workout day #2 (plyometrics). Chest and arms definately sore from yesterday, haven't worked up the kind of sweat I did today. Time to go curl up with a nice 1200 calorie weight-gain shake...

Plyo SUCKS! It was definitely my least favorite until about the last month. Once you can do all of the exercises without hyperventilating, it's pretty satisfying.

Then you do Insanity Plyo, and you feel like a little girl again.

I was keeping pace pretty well, I only had to forfeit the first 5 sec of each movement to watch what I was supposed to do. Im sure my 3 half-flights of stairs in the house are going to become my arch-nemisis.

It's the run-stance 180 squats in the 5th section that always killed me. I'd either get light-headed and feel like I was going to pass out, or I'd feel nauseous after I was done.

For some reason, plyo was the one thing that didn't kill me, and I probably enjoyed it the most. I actually swapped it in for some of the yoga and kenpo days. Even being relatively high impact, it never really bothered my knees, either. Probably has something to do with the fact that my thighs and calves are the only part of me that's solid anymore.

I hear the same from other people as well. For some with knee issues (me), plyo didn't bother them, but it did for others.

It's one of the routines I enjoyed b/c it got my heart rate up without weights. My most hated workout, however, was legs and back. Yuck

Yoga wasnt bad. You could tell it was definately my first time doing it. My wife did it with me (shes been doing it for a couple years) and she said it compared to her advanced classes. Great, Im a beginner jumping straight into advanced classes, I will feel this on the morning.

Surprisingly, I felt great this morning. Still feel good after tonights workout too (legs, back, and ab ripper). Definately starting to look forward to the next round.

Started week 3 yesterday. With the busy familiy schedule I end up with 2 "off" days (Monday - son's Tball, and Friday - My softball games), so I workout every other day I can.

Ab-Ripper X is definately getting easier. If I keep up with them I end up doing about 90% of the reps, compared to the 60% I started with. I'm starting to see and feel results too. Arms and chest are definately looking more defined as are the abs. I may need to pickup some more dumbells as I only have 5lb - 25lb (5lb increments), or learn to use the bands, because I'm up to using 25's and they're not quite heavy enough.

Back