P-E's Beer Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer is like Coffee, I dont drink it for the taste! I drink it to get shitfaced drunk, which is why i normally drink tequila...

There are some great local beer shops here but sometimes i think they go a little crazy with all the different varieties they come up with.. Just give me a decent tasting 8.5% beer and save me your funny hipster name...

I tried a sour style beer. Absolutely hated it. Maybe it was the one I had.

Does anyone like these?

tumblr_llx8eua4eu1qkcqgio1_250.gif

I tried a sour style beer. Absolutely hated it. Maybe it was the one I had.

Does anyone like these?
I love *good* sours. But there are a lot of bad ones out there. It is exceptionally hard to find the good ones, and when you do, they are expensive. There is a celebration held at a local bar here every year called Zwanze day that is a worldwide toast and first tapping of a sour beer made by Cantillon in Belgium. The actual Zwanze is hit or miss (it's a different recipe every year) but Cantillon's standard fare is awesome.

The best one you can probably find in your local liquor store is Lindeman's Cuvee Rene. Steer clear of Lindeman's other offerings...they are back-sweetened after bottling, and they are terrible as a result.

I like a good or bad sour beer. It's cidery to me.

I drink macrobrews if I know I'm going to drink a lot and I don't want to spend the next day shitting. Certain microbrews destroy my stomach.

When I used to spend a lot of time at the lake or the beach I used to drink a shit load of Corona.

The hot weather and dark beer don't really go well in my opinion

I here road guy. Made strawberry lemonade with those bud aritas. Dose get you lit fast

Back