P.Engr. or P.E. or PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you're not stamping any documents, or representing yourself as "licensed" (to win a contract, say), the NCEES notification should be sufficient evidence in the unlikely event that anyone questions the "PE" on your email signature. On LinkedIn, simply attach the NCEES verification link in the space provided. It takes no effort to add the verbiage "Pending state approval". 
If you don't have a licence, it is unethical and potentially illegal to use the post-nominal. It is misrepresentation.

On a somewhat related note: see this NSPE position statement for use of the post-nominal on business cards when and engineer IS licensed in a given state, but travels outside.

https://www.nspe.org/sites/default/files/resources/pdfs/Ethics/EthicsResources/EthicsCaseSearch/2004/BER 04-11-Approved-May2005.pdf

I can't even figure out HOW to change my name on here... Doh! EDIT: Nevermind!

But yeah, I don't have a license number yet, so I'm waiting until I get it to change my email signature and LinkedIn and stuff. I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long for my promotion, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back