P.E. or PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would make sense with the transition to digital from print. Periods, like serifs, look good in a physical medium, but tend to look cluttered or sloppy on a screen. 

See what I mean?
That depends upon the size of the font more than any other factor.

So guys, which way does one go for business cards and stationary? P.E. or PE? I have seen both.
To P.E. or not to P.E. -------------- almost sounds like a Shakespearean (Yes; I checked the spelling) version of what my dog does when he goes for an output. Takes him forever to decide and the amount of time he takes is directly proportional to the |temperature below zero|.

"To pee or not to pee; that would be the question"

I have in fact started testing it out in all my communications with friends and family members. Just sent out a text to my friend signed - P.E.

-PE.

I go with P.E. because that is how my boss ordered my cards.

I think I might end up in the same situation. My supervisor printed a new name tag for my cube and used "P.E." He also printed up new business cards for me. I bet he used "P.E." there too.

18 minutes ago, Ken PE 3.0 said:

I think I might end up in the same situation. My supervisor printed a new name tag for my cube and used "P.E." He also printed up new business cards for me. I bet he used "P.E." there too.
Good problems to have.

I'll be going with P.E., because that's how everyone above my pay grade uses here at work.
I'm following the same logic. Going with P.E. even though I didn't on EB.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you put your license number(s) on your business card as well?
I wasn't planning on it, but I don't know if many/most do. Probably also depends on how many states a person is licensed in because it could become quite a few numbers.

My company's business card template requires us to use P.E., so that decision was easy.  It also requires us to list the state(s) in which we are licensed but not include the individual license numbers for any state except California.  Does California have some special requirement to provide additional proof of licensure to clients?

My company's business card template requires us to use P.E., so that decision was easy.  It also requires us to list the state(s) in which we are licensed but not include the individual license numbers for any state except California.  Does California have some special requirement to provide additional proof of licensure to clients?
Not that I know of but they do give you an official "pocket cert" to put in your wallet. Just in case someone calls bullshit. Of course if someone did that you probably have other problems...

Back