Osama dead

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I would add is that I am dissapointed with many Americans in that they are celebrating the death of someone. I know who he was and what he was responsible for, but I dont find much comfort in celebration.
That rubbed me the wrong way too. We criticize other nations for being wackos for taking to the street when someone dies, it just seems we're no better if we do the same.

I'm glad the guy is out of the picture, but I'm not planning a party.

The only thing I would add is that I am dissapointed with many Americans in that they are celebrating the death of someone. I know who he was and what he was responsible for, but I dont find much comfort in celebration.
That rubbed me the wrong way too. We criticize other nations for being wackos for taking to the street when someone dies, it just seems we're no better if we do the same.

The only "celebrations" I saw were groups of college-aged kids congregating at ~midnight. College aged kids will use any excuse to congregate, yell, and party.

I'm just glad they didn't turn to random destruction of property like when a sports team wins a championship.

Dope1: Hey! SEALS took out Osama Bin Laden

Dope2: No sh$t! let's drink and go break some windows.

Dope1: f&ck yeah! That's cool.

I always celebrate the death of human filth. I'm not dancing in the streets, but I am celebrating the death of OBL.

a SF buddy of mine posted the pic of dead Osama on his facebook, I'll try and see if I can get a copy of it, I cant download it from my phone.. and apparantly facebook is frowned upon by the IS gods here at work!
Where's the link? I'll believe there's a photo on FB when I see it.

Rather than bury Osama at sea, I think they should've put him thru the wood chipper, next - feed him to the pigs and finally - cook the pigs and feed them to the Guantanamo Bay prisoners.

Last edited by a moderator:

The only "celebrations" I saw were groups of college-aged kids congregating at ~midnight. College aged kids will use any excuse to congregate, yell, and party.

I'm just glad they didn't turn to random destruction of property like when a sports team wins a championship.

Dope1: Hey! SEALS took out Osama Bin Laden

Dope2: No sh$t! let's drink and go break some windows.

Dope1: f&ck yeah! That's cool.
Woo hoo! The Dodgers just won it all...let's tip over a cop car and loot the appliance store!

^ I could use a toaster oven...preferrably black or stainless steel

Why'd they bury him at sea???? And why so fast????? No one in the hard-core Muslim world is going to believe he's dead now.

Who wants to place money on when the next "audio tape from Bin Laden" will appear on Al-Jazera, proclaiming himself to be alive and well?

future boy didn't foresee this...j/k. 24 hr burial traditions mandated burial at sea, apparently no one wanted him...but who knows. at least they can't use his grave as a monument/memorial for crazzies now

my daughter was in the flash mob at the white house. I thought it was pretty cool. :unitedstates:

"shot in the head

Osama is dead!"

I am PISSED that I missed the ending of Celebrity Apprentice. Freakin' Obama didn't announce it until an hour later anyway.
I think that the coverage was overblown. I'd have been happy with a scrolling banner at the bottom of the screen that gave the news, then go live to the President as he makes the announcement. To spend an hour listening to correspondents babble about the same crap before Obama got on there was rediculous.

I think its great we got him, and I heard the mission went without incident to our troops, if so, THAT ROCKS.

U.S.A. ! U.S.A. ! U.S.A. !

:D

But still pissed I missed the ending of the Apprentice. Will try to find a webcast of it this evening. (I'm thinking that Hope, the Playboy playmate went home)
Are they going to run that again? though I'm not sure I could watch that never ending smackdown again.

Why'd they bury him at sea???? And why so fast????? No one in the hard-core Muslim world is going to believe he's dead now.
Who wants to place money on when the next "audio tape from Bin Laden" will appear on Al-Jazera, proclaiming himself to be alive and well?

I think they were in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation.

my daughter was in the flash mob at the white house. I thought it was pretty cool. :unitedstates:

"shot in the head

Osama is dead!"
I thought the celebration was too much. A sigh of relief, a moment of reflection of all the pain and suffering at the hands of osama ok, but celebration goes to far IMO.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." — Martin Luther King, Jr.

I wouldn't celebrate too many deaths, but there are a few:

- Hitler

- Stalin

- bin Laden

Back