Oregon info from a test taking veteran

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a bunch of new posts in this thread and my heart started racing thinking that OSBEEL's was updated. Crazy the stress that this test puts on the body. Time to calm back down :) Would LOVE to see Oregon switch to an electronic notification system soon. Doesn't make sense at all. I've mentioned that to them a few times, maybe if enough people do it will eventually sink in...

You don't have to study economics to figure that the cost to train and feed a bunch of carrier pigeons to deliver our results is far greater than then the bandwidth to send a simple email.

I'm just saying.

I'd really like to know the process behind NCEES releasing to each state. Is it done according to the state's request? Maybe Oregon requires NCEES to ship results to them by snail mail to OSBEELS where they are sorted, reviewed, and then sent out to the examinees by snail mail.
Well, NCEES doesn't say the results are "sent" to the boards, but are "released". To me "released" means "made available". In this day and age I wouldn't think they're emailing huge files back and forth. I think everything is in a database and once "released", the boards can go download their results from the NCEES database. Just because NCEES released them on Monday doesn't mean all the boards downloaded them immediately. So two days later some states might be truthful that they have "just received" the results because they hadn't downloaded them until today.

I am hoping. Did you check the OSBEELS page yet? I just did, and my name still shows as EI. I am curious if anybody changed to PE yet.

No news yet that I've heard. If they update the site today they probably won't do it until this afternoon. I hope they'll at least mail out the letters today.

Haven't seen anyone change to PE yet. When they updated from the April 2014 test (on May 23rd), it was updated by 11:30am. That's when the first person posted that their name changed from EI to PE.

So much for getting any work done today. I might as well give up now and spend my entire day checking OSBEELS.

I feel the same way. Glad to hear I am not the only one obsessed with this.

When I called last night the lady said letters were sent on wed. And the website would be updated after 4:00 pm today.

I went home for lunch but it doesn't appear that the mail man has been here yet. You'd think if the letters were sent on Wednesday they would arrive by today.

When I called last night the lady said letters were sent on wed. And the website would be updated after 4:00 pm today.

If they were sent out Wed, it's possible that some of us would be getting the letter in the mail today. In the mean time, I'll keep refreshing the website in hopes to see the EI change to PE (though with the longer wait, my confidence is dwindling).

As if I wasn't unfocused already. I want to go home and sit on my front porch and wait for the mailman

I checked my mail on my way out the door and there was one envelope in it this time. I had to do a double take because it looked official with it's US Department seal on it. Unfortunately, it was just another student loan...4 PM it is then.

Didn't they just receive the results on Wednesday? I can't imagine they received them and prepared all the letters and got them sent out, all on the same day. Something isn't adding up here...

I mailed out Christmas cards from Portland yesterday, and my parents got theirs in Springfield today. So if they really did mail something out from Salem on Wednesday, at least some of us should have received something by now. Hour and a half until 4pm.

Didn't they just receive the results on Wednesday? I can't imagine they received them and prepared all the letters and got them sent out, all on the same day. Something isn't adding up here...

I called them at the end of the day last night, I gave the lady my name (I heard her type it into the computer) then she said my result letter was sent out yesterday (Wednesday). I then asked about the website and she said it should be updated after 4 pm on Friday... For what it's worth.

Back