Olympic Village "Uninhabitable" - or however you spell that

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Michael Phelps w/ 80s Nintendo sounds!
Michael Phelps w/ 80s #Nintendo sounds!! #Rio2016 #PhelpsFace

Posted by Retro SFX on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

^^

That's pretty funny, funnier still because I was watching it as Phelps, Le Clous just tied for silver in the 100m butterfly 

so what is this story about the olympic athletes about being robbed or not being robbed?  Did they make they story up because they came in late and were out partying?

so what is this story about the olympic athletes about being robbed or not being robbed?  Did they make they story up because they came in late and were out partying?

Maybe these kids are spoiled brats, but on the other hand I can see the Rio officials doing this because they're pissed at international attention on how crappy their city can be.  Watching the marathon finish there were soldiers with machine guns every 100 feet or so along the course.  I'd guess the truth is somewhere in between.

don't know what to believe, but lochte is a douche sitting all pretty talking with reporters from the comfort of home while the younger two are stuck in rio left answering questions.  quite convenient his flight was a couple days sooner.  

looks like there was no robbery, just a jumbling/selective telling of the event.  A gun was drawn but by a security guard at a gas station while they were vandalizing it.

i guess being drunk and not understanding the local language one can get into quite a pinch

Last edited by a moderator:
so its only illegal to urinate in the streets next to a gas station in Brazil if your a tourist? Isn't that a daily thing there ;)

Maybe these kids are spoiled brats, but on the other hand I can see the Rio officials doing this because they're pissed at international attention on how crappy their city can be.  Watching the marathon finish there were soldiers with machine guns every 100 feet or so along the course.  I'd guess the truth is somewhere in between.
I was there for carnival.  Really not that bad.  Only almost got mugged once. 

so the swimmers were (sort of telling the truth) they had a gun pointed at them and they involuntarily game them money? Isn't that technically a robbery?

I would think they would have handlers for these people so they didn't get into trouble, or even kidnapped and beheaded?  Just seems very strange to me..

so the swimmers were (sort of telling the truth) they had a gun pointed at them and they involuntarily game them money? Isn't that technically a robbery?

I would think they would have handlers for these people so they didn't get into trouble, or even kidnapped and beheaded?  Just seems very strange to me..
and probably would never have been an issue until lockte's mom being a Mom posted something slightly embellished on social media 

Back