OFFICIAL FE RESULTS THREAD

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on passing! This board rocks and it keeps me motivated to keep studying when I start to get overwhelmed. I am taking the FE in April after having been out of school since, well, let's just say too long. ok...... 20+ years.... there I said it!! bump Anyhow.... I am a Civil by degree and profession, so figured I need to get my license! I did take the FE back when it was called the EIT exam and got a 69. Cool number, bad grade. Anyhow, here I am. I started hitting the books about a month ago. It's been a slow start initially, though each night gets a bit easier (I think). I am planning on taking the PM Civil vs. General. They didn't used to have that breakdown (little trivia for all the young guys). I have FERM, which I heard is a bit tougher than the actual exam, so I will keep using it. I try about 5 nights at about 2-3 hours, and then 3-5 on weekends. That's my approach.... any feedback from any "passers"?

Once again congrats on passing!
Hi dksitecivil,

I was much in the same boat you are in now. I took the EIT 13 years ago and I too failed with a 69. I took the exam again this past October and passed. I followed the suggested 68-day study schedule in the FERM from Lindeburg. I followed this exactly. I put in an average of 3 - 3.5 hours a day with more on the week. Also, on many of the rest days I reviewed some of the my weaker subjects from the previous days. I also purchased study manuals from the NCEES for the extra problems. I took the general afternoon exam. The NCEES problems seemed to be easier than the FERM. So, I would say if you can work the FERM problems you will be in good shape. Also, I bought a copy of the reference handbook and used in while working the FERM problems. This helped tremedously as a I new where to look for information on test day. If you put in your time you'll do fine.

Good Luck,

Sharpsshooter

Hi dksitecivil,
I was much in the same boat you are in now. I took the EIT 13 years ago and I too failed with a 69. I took the exam again this past October and passed. I followed the suggested 68-day study schedule in the FERM from Lindeburg. I followed this exactly. I put in an average of 3 - 3.5 hours a day with more on the week. Also, on many of the rest days I reviewed some of the my weaker subjects from the previous days. I also purchased study manuals from the NCEES for the extra problems. I took the general afternoon exam. The NCEES problems seemed to be easier than the FERM. So, I would say if you can work the FERM problems you will be in good shape. Also, I bought a copy of the reference handbook and used in while working the FERM problems. This helped tremedously as a I new where to look for information on test day. If you put in your time you'll do fine.

Good Luck,

Sharpsshooter
I really appreciate the feedback Sharpshooter! I printed out the reference handbook and try to use only that unless I just can't figure something out, then I pull out all stops with everything/anything to get it. Great feedback, thanks again!

Dksitecivil

congrats new EIT's!
& Welcome to the newbs

:"the other board":
Planning to take the FE. Still deciding from gen or envl on the PM. Thanks for all the help. This board is the best, what I need to stay focused when it looks daunting.

Back