OFFICIAL FE RESULTS THREAD

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go figure, Kansas is Intern Engineer.? (IE)
I think that's what it technically was in NY where I took the exam. My card said EIT though and that's what everyone referred to it as.

I think the term "intern" is a poor choice. It makes it sound like you're a part timer or college student.
I know it. It makes you sound like you come from ManPower or something and that you're a temp.

I've been one for freakin 7 years now!!!!!! :brick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, depending on what state you work in, you can be there forever and still not hold the job title of engineer if you aren't licensed.

In some places it's considered misrepresentation to call yourself an engineer if you aren't a P.E.

New Hampshire seems to be a big one for that. Yet, they will let a P.E. practice in any area in which he is competent. I signed off on a parking lot expansion for crying out loud.

As opposed to Vermont, where they don't hold quite that distinction about calling yourself an engineer. Yet they are very particular about discipline specific practice. I can design a sidewalk as well as a civil, yet my boss would sign off on it. Vice versa on something like a stormwater pond or erosion control plan.

And they'll nail you here too. I read the punitive actions taken by the VT PE BOard from time to time. A Mech E was censured because he designed a septic system for someone. (which isn't exactly rocket science.)

I am new here, looking to find info about the pass rate. Maryland results are online now!!! I :pass

I will be sticking around here to help new EIT'ers and get help for my PE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats to all the new EIT's!

The 4 years (plus or minus) for the PE will be here before you know it!

If the online licenses are all posted ... :0fail

So I need plenty of help.

Hey all, first time writing in here, but have been viewing this site religiously for the past month or so.

Getting to the point, I just check OSBEELS.ORG and looked under "Find a Lincensee" for the umpteenth time...except this time when I typed my name in it showed me as an EIT with a number, etc. Does anyone know if this is legitimate?

I have checked this many times before and nothing came up for my name before. I think I passed, but want to mak :read: e sure before I bust out the brewskies...

I just got back from vacation and found a large, thick letter from the state board waiting in my mailbox. I opened it and found :pass

The thickness was caused a pamphlet talking about the benefits of licensure. Right, like I spent all that time studying, over $800 on a review course and book, and another $170 on the exam itself because I felt like taking the exam for fun.

How long does it usually take from when results are posted online to when the letter comes?

Guys,

I just recieved my results last night and found out that :pass :???: :congrats:

Can you put me on the list too?

congrats!

I recall the day I got that EIT letter like it was yesterday, it does make the job search so much easier!

Enjoy it and forget about studying for while (unless you have the PE coming up around the bend)

I actually got the job offer before the FE results, seemed they dont need the FE to get the job

I usually browse the "other" forum... but I am starting to like this one better b/c it seems more free?

Passed FE this Past OCT....so if anybody needs any help please holla...I will confident in my skills for probably a couple more weeks. :D

I usually browse the "other" forum... but I am starting to like this one better b/c it seems more free?
Passed FE this Past OCT....so if anybody needs any help please holla...I will confident in my skills for probably a couple more weeks. :)
Congratulations on passing! This board rocks and it keeps me motivated to keep studying when I start to get overwhelmed. I am taking the FE in April after having been out of school since, well, let's just say too long. ok...... 20+ years.... there I said it!! :D

Anyhow.... I am a Civil by degree and profession, so figured I need to get my license! I did take the FE back when it was called the EIT exam and got a 69. Cool number, bad grade. Anyhow, here I am. I started hitting the books about a month ago. It's been a slow start initially, though each night gets a bit easier (I think). I am planning on taking the PM Civil vs. General. They didn't used to have that breakdown (little trivia for all the young guys). I have FERM, which I heard is a bit tougher than the actual exam, so I will keep using it. I try about 5 nights at about 2-3 hours, and then 3-5 on weekends. That's my approach.... any feedback from any "passers"?

Once again congrats on passing!

Latest posts

Back