October Test Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I technically did both. I took the EET class for the Q2 exam, and failed- but this was completely my fault. I know so many people who took EET and passed right away for seismic. I certainly didn't study enough. For the Q4 exam prep, I wanted to mix it up a little bit and bought the Hiner book. In my case this worked perfectly because the best thing about Hiner's book is that it is concise and drills in the concepts very well. If anything needed more explanation, I would then go to the EET textbook and sure enough it clarified everything. As I've mentioned above, I didn't watch any lectures for these tests and I'm sure plenty of people benefited from them- for my learning style I didn't need it. For taking EET CBT's definitely make sure you follow Dr. Ibrahim's strategies (start from #3 close to the exam etc.). I would also highly recommend going over all the questions you got wrong either in chapter tests or practice exams close to your test date, and make sure that you're able to solve them without taking cue from Solutions. Solve them 5 times if that's what it takes.

TL;DR: I did the Hiner textbook practice exam (on paper, there is only one), and EET CBT's (3 of them).
That is extremely helpful much appreciated... 

I technically did both. I took the EET class for the Q2 exam, and failed- but this was completely my fault. I know so many people who took EET and passed right away for seismic. I certainly didn't study enough. For the Q4 exam prep, I wanted to mix it up a little bit and bought the Hiner book. In my case this worked perfectly because the best thing about Hiner's book is that it is concise and drills in the concepts very well. If anything needed more explanation, I would then go to the EET textbook and sure enough it clarified everything. As I've mentioned above, I didn't watch any lectures for these tests and I'm sure plenty of people benefited from them- for my learning style I didn't need it. For taking EET CBT's definitely make sure you follow Dr. Ibrahim's strategies (start from #3 close to the exam etc.). I would also highly recommend going over all the questions you got wrong either in chapter tests or practice exams close to your test date, and make sure that you're able to solve them without taking cue from Solutions. Solve them 5 times if that's what it takes.

TL;DR: I did the Hiner textbook practice exam (on paper, there is only one), and EET CBT's (3 of them).
Thanks for all the info. Does EET seismic course have simulated practice exam CBTs or are they PDFs? 

Thanks for all the info. Does EET seismic course have simulated practice exam CBTs or are they PDFs? 
At the time I signed up for it (spring 2018), I got a textbook, access to online lectures (+cheat sheets, mini-exams, notes etc.), 3 CBT exams, and a hard copy of all the CBT exams with their solutions.

Just found out I passed both seismic and survey!!! 

Failed both last quarter, so I was really bummed but I didn't give up. Don't give up if you fail!

I self studied everything.

All I used to pass Seismic was the Hiner and all I used to pass Survey was Reza. I didn't use Reza the first time which made me fail because I didn't realize survey changed their topics.

I'm sure EET is good too but I didn't use it at all.
Congrats, that is very encouraging! I believe Hiner is enough for structural engineers or engineers with strong structure background, but a transportation engineer like myself needs to practice more problems i.e more resources, that’s why I have bought EET materials in addition to Hiner.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CAPLS Since the results were released on 11/7, I was wondering if we missed out the board license run at early this month? or there's no license generated in this month yet? thanks.

It looks like a few licenses (around 5) were added last Friday, 11/09/18. Hopefully the rest are pushed out this week? I guess we all just have to be patient.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, may I ask how could you check if there are new licenses added?  sorry about the dum question

There is a "More Detail" tab once you view the license. I figured out what was the previous last issued license and then checked again today to see if new one were added. 

89610 was added on Friday. 

image.png

I'm very anxious to receive my number as well. I believe today is a Holiday for the board - My guess is they will come out be the end of the week (I hope). 

Yeah, 11/22 and 11/23 will be the Thanksgiving Holiday. Hope the board can generate the numbers for us before the holiday. :)

Anyone knows when PE Cotober Mechanical results will be announced?
the-definition-of-insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-and-expecting-different-resul.jpg

Hope it comes out before Fri, i have a job application due then.  Would it be bad just to list it as "license no. TBD"? lol

Hope it comes out before Fri, i have a job application due then.  
The results won't be out before Nov 30.

Would it be bad just to list it as "license no. TBD"? lol
Actually: kinda yes. You would have to include more information than that.

/this next part isn't trolling, nor is it directed at the OP, but rather test takers as a whole

I was going to make my usual semi-annual post about this in a few weeks, but people should be careful about claiming to be a PE too early, there are ethical and legal (civil) issues with doing so. Someone isn't a PE when they pass the PE exam, that only happens after they get a license number. To use the PE post-nominals after passing, but before getting licensed, or otherwise imply they are licensed, is misrepresentation and can get you in trouble.

The time is takes to get licensed after passing varies from state to state. It could be minutes, months, or anywhere in between.

For the hypothetical situation above, let's say the results come out on Friday (and they certainly won't!) and you pass before you submit your job application. You should/could put on the CV "passed PE Exam [opt: discipline?], [all other requirements met], awaiting license number in [state]/license pending in [state], or some other variation thereof.

The results won't be out before Nov 30.

Actually: kinda yes. You would have to include more information than that.

/this next part isn't trolling, nor is it directed at the OP, but rather test takers as a whole

I was going to make my usual semi-annual post about this in a few weeks, but people should be careful about claiming to be a PE too early, there are ethical and legal (civil) issues with doing so. Someone isn't a PE when they pass the PE exam, that only happens after they get a license number. To use the PE post-nominals after passing, but before getting licensed, or otherwise imply they are licensed, is misrepresentation and can get you in trouble.

The time is takes to get licensed after passing varies from state to state. It could be minutes, months, or anywhere in between.

For the hypothetical situation above, let's say the results come out on Friday (and they certainly won't!) and you pass before you submit your job application. You should/could put on the CV "passed PE Exam [opt: discipline?], [all other requirements met], awaiting license number in [state]/license pending in [state], or some other variation thereof. 
Thank you.  You may be confused though as all results are already out and I've passed everything.  I am just waiting for a license number to be issued.  I will list my PE credentials the way you said, and remove the "PE" after my name and add a short explanation sentence in the cover letter for this one application if the license number is not issued by friday.

Thank you.  You may be confused though as all results are already out and I've passed everything.  I am just waiting for a license number to be issued.  I will list my PE credentials the way you said, and remove the "PE" after my name and add a short explanation sentence in the cover letter for this one application if the license number is not issued by friday.
That sounds like the best way to go about it.

I'm also waiting for my number (passed both seismic+survey on 11/7). I'm looking for jobs too but somewhat passively. This wait is just as nerve-racking as waiting for my PE application to get approved haha 

Back