October Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

@@--@@
Reaction score
I always hear people saying its a little harder than the April one.

Any actual truth to this? Or is it hogwash?

I would think that's totally untrue.

I would tend to think it has more to do with what cement said.

Ed

I will agree w/ Ed... I think that the people that actually seats and study are more relaxed after the holidays (for the april exam) than before (october), and those that have kids get a little more time for themselves than those that have the kids thru mid august and have less time to study

:blink:

Hey guys, I really thought the April PE was on the non-difficult side. However, other P.E.'s stated the test was easy because I prepared so much for it. I remember coming up and seeing others in the Company I used to work for fail the test consistently and I thought they were smarter than I was.

I feel the NCEES is going to stick it to the October Test Takers. Candidates taking the WR portion again in October let us know the difficulty differences between the April and October exams.

For my preparation I studied 4-5 hours a day for 4 months. I studied so much, open channel calcs were in my dreams. I even left the afternoon portion of the exam one hour early.

Good luck candidates, "you can do it!"

Even if its harder (which I still have a hard time seeing), wouldn't the normalization bring it back in line so that the cut score drops and roughly the same number pass?

rleon,

Why would you think they (NCEES) woiuld stick it to the Oct. examinees? :dunno:

Ed

The Sticking it issue was discussed here back a couple of months ago. Due to the level of difficulty of the April exam, the October exam level of difficulty should increase.

so that they go thru a cycle of ups and downs? it could be a business strategy... to make more money? I really don't think it should be harder, though I have no basis for saying that since I took and passed EI and PE the first time both in april and w/ minimal amount of studying... 4 hr/day per 4 months that's admirable, that's what I call concistency and tenacy :claps: . I wish I had the motivation (and time) to commit 4 hrs a day of my own time to something... what's your secret??

Work for the government. That was the secret. I wanted to be over prepared and I was.
Amen. I was a project engineer on a project that was mostly finished. It was construction so we were just wrapping up calcs and paperwork. Not to mention, they didnt really have anywhere to put me so they just let me hide out in a field office for a while. I studied for 4-6 hours a day for about 3 months and felt that I was overprepared for the test. If I had to study on my own time, I dont think I would have been near as prepared.

I thought the April test was more difficult than the October test......I was taking the Transportation afternoon portion.....I'm not sure how you would measure that other than % passed....and based on that I would be incorrect....but to be honest...it wouldn't really matter....it all will depend on how well you are prepared for the questions they ask......guess what.....if they were to ask you an elevation on a vertical curve....you'll probably more likely to get it correct, than if they were to ask you the jet size for a 850 holly carb on a 454 with a 292 cam....and aluminum heads with 335cc intake ports........by the way...if you know that answer....let me know......

oh I did better in April also....but I still felt like it was more difficult.... :true:

NCcarguy, maybe once you make it past the rank of Field Tech you might use five less periods after each sentance.

NCcarguy, maybe once you make it past the rank of Field Tech you might use five less periods after each sentance.
2005_0217_yougotserved.jpg

You got served dude.

Damn dude! :D That'a funny! You must have had a rough day, I would guess?

Did you at least get your number yet? :dunno:

Ed

Back