October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it looks like NY wont be today... I called the Office of Professions and it seems that the person responsible is out today. Sorry NYers.

Anyone talk to MO state board?  Not that I'd encourage that behavior...
So there were a couple states in May, that literally forgot to reply to the email from NCESS. It took someone calling for them to realize it, and results came out soon thereafter.

I'm not a fan of pestering the boards or NCEES. That is well documented. But if someone were inclined to do so, I would ask that they have a neutral coworker, friend, or family member do it on their behalf. Because no matter how calm and examinee thinks they are, in reality they are pretty stressed out and pretty adversarial. Best to have a calm person ask politely.

Ugh.  Looks like Florida was a day late for the past three test cycles and the FBPE has a board meeting scheduled all day today.  I'm betting that Florida results will be out tomorrow.  Damn, that sucks; hopefully they at least release early tomorrow.  Out of curiousity (and a smidge of frustration), does anybody know what exactly the state needs to do before releasing the results?  It's not like they have anything to do with determining a pass/fail score.

Just saw this. I failed my first time. Take the previously given advice. Do not take the exam in April. Wait till next October. I was really rusty on studying and testing the first go around. You got this. 
For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

I took Civil transportation

For real though. I just signed up for the April 2020 exam.... I failed october 2019. my thought was it is kind of still on my mind. Should I wait until October 2020 or take it again right away. Any input would be appreciated from others that have failed. 

Why wait, just keep taking it till you see the green.  IMO

Why wait, just keep taking it till you see the green.  IMO
Because unfortunately in Texas, you only get 3 tries in 4 years, otherwise you need a year of experience before you can take it times 4-6. Very nervous im going to fail two more times....

Not sure if I failed or passed yet, but it felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders when I walked out of the exam. I'll be ready to rock in April again if necessary.

Back