October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! Long-time lurker of this board - I know the "register for the next exam" trick has been thoroughly debunked, but I just logged on and instead of saying "Exam of this type has already been registered" as it has for the past few days, I am now able to register again for the same exam I took. I don't know if that still means nothing, or if it's an early sign that I failed.
That is not good news

registration for spring opened on 9 Dec. that's all t means
Huh. But then, why the sudden change? Prior to 12/9 I got the "Registration opens on 12/9" message, then between 12/9 and now it was "Exam of this type has already been registered", and now as of this morning it's showing I can register again. Would be a bummer if I had to retake it - it was a bad week for me anyhow; my grandfather passed away and I had a midterm in a class all in the same week (I'm currently a grad student).

Huh. But then, why the sudden change? Prior to 12/9 I got the "Registration opens on 12/9" message, then between 12/9 and now it was "Exam of this type has already been registered", and now as of this morning it's showing I can register again. Would be a bummer if I had to retake it - it was a bad week for me anyhow; my grandfather passed away and I had a midterm in a class all in the same week (I'm currently a grad student).
Sometimes you need to retake the test.  I took it 3 times.  First time, didn't prep enough.  Second time, I prepped so much/was a nervous wreck/missing my family.  Third time: took a break between previous exams.  Got my professional and social life in order.  Went to a different testing site so I wouldn't have to go into the city.  Ate delicious fish after the exam.  Maybe you'll pass, and if you do: congrats for getting through that hard time and passing!  If you didn't: don't worry.  Your grandfather would rather you be mentally sound and relaxed prior to taking the exam again when you feel better grounded in who you are.

You're a grad student so your life is already going tits up.  Don't let this one exam, which many people older than you can't pass, ruin your life short-term.

Hey guys! Long-time lurker of this board - I know the "register for the next exam" trick has been thoroughly debunked, but I just logged on and instead of saying "Exam of this type has already been registered" as it has for the past few days, I am now able to register again for the same exam I took. I don't know if that still means nothing, or if it's an early sign that I failed.
It’s because previously registration wasn’t open. 

I do hope they come out soon, because my Christmas shopping depends on it.

My dad is a PE and has been bugging me to get licensed. I keep explaining that I don't need it for my job, but he insists. Well, I didn't tell him I registered for the exam or that I took the exam. So my plan was to pass and print him off the results notice or something (or print off my license since that's how FL does it, but I'm not sure how soon they'll email it out) and mail that to him as his Christmas gift.

So if results don't come out soon, I'm going to have to start shopping for a gift for him.
Aww! My dad is also a PE. Love this 🥰

Back