October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since no one bother to read this last time. I will once again try to interject some logic...

Does it take long to grade a scantron? No. But there are a lot of other things that go into grading the test that need to be considered. So let's take a quick look at those things, using round numbers.

Day 0 - Test

Shipping the test sheets from the 100+ test sites to NCEES in South Carolina. -  5 days, which includes weekends and "ground" shipping from remote locations like Guam, CNMI, Hawai'i and international locations.

Actually running the 20,000-30,000 scantron pages that arrive - 3 days

Manual double check of the scantron grading of the tests. Lets say that they manually check 5% of the scantrons vs the total. This is still a 1000 pages - 5 days

Statistical analysis of the results to identify anomalies; collecting reports of weird questions from around the country, investigating incidents of potential cheating, etc. - 14 days, including weekends.

Assembling test exam committees to review anomalous questions and other statistical quirks, determination of cut score for newer tests based on analysis, and disposition of various items listed in the previous entry. - Probably overlaps with the above to a certain extent, but the smaller exams always schedule their exam meetings late in the grading cycle, so excluding overlap, lets give it 5 days, but more is possible with a new and smaller exam

Miscellaneous administrative work, including uploading results, QA, management approvals, and communicating results to the Boards - 3 days

Add it up and you get about 35 days, which is consistent with the April release times. Add a few more days for the November holidays and you get something closer to the 40ish days we tend to see for the October results.

You can argue with my assumptions for durations, but the turnaround time of slightly over a month passes the sniff test.

*Someone else posted a similar analysis a few years ago but I can't find it. Hence I'm recreating it here. If someone has the link, please post it.

Deep Space Nine! What about yours? It was very sad to hear about the passing of Aron and Rene...
That was so sad.  And the meme's of Odo chasing Nog into the next... sniff..

I grew up watching TNG so that's default the best 😉  I loved watching Worf and O'Brien move over to DSN.  I'm going back through the series and re-watching.  

I grew up watching TNG so that's default the best 😉  I loved watching Worf and O'Brien move over to DSN.  I'm going back through the series and re-watching.  
Same, was raised on TNG so that will always be #1 with DS9 as a close second. Followed by TOS, VOY, and ENT a good bit further back.

@GTTrekkie What year did you make it outta Ma Tech?

Same, was raised on TNG so that will always be #1 with DS9 as a close second. Followed by TOS, VOY, and ENT a good bit further back.

@GTTrekkie What year did you make it outta Ma Tech?
I also grew up on TNG and loved it. I went back and watch some recently and it doesn't hold up as well as I hoped. Still very good, but not amazing like I thought it was back in the 90s.

DS9 SUCKED!!!! It was a shitty rip off of Babylon 5. DS9 is the worst of all the series IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
GSZNXg.gif

I also grew up on TNG and loved it. I went back and watch some recently and it doesn't hold up as well as I hoped.

DS9 SUCKED!!!! It was a shitty rip off of Babylon 5. DS9 is the worst of all the series IMO.
I think they still hold up as decent TV, but the pacing is dated and the action is campy. Still wholesome!

Ok valid to dislike DS9, but you'll want to check your dates there as DS9 aired prior to Babylon. So the worst you could say is that Babylon much improved upon the premise of DS9.

I think they still hold up as decent TV, but the pacing is dated and the action is campy. Still wholesome!

Ok valid to dislike DS9, but you'll want to check your dates there as DS9 aired prior to Babylon. So the worst you could say is that Babylon much improved upon the premise of DS9.
I still watch them!  Pacing is slower than TV now, but that's ok.  Everything doesn't need to be in your face and explode-y.  

B5 was actually pitched to Paramont and turned down prior to WB picking it up, so there is a possibility of 'borrowing' 😃

Not sure how many others on here took the FE when it was still on paper but I did. Results weren't sent out until the 15th that year (2011), it was a Thursday. The VA board has a planned celebration for new licensees this upcoming Monday, 12/16. Hopefully they know something we don't know and that's why they scheduled it for then. It's happening in the middle of the workday so I would think anyone attending should know ahead of time. Praying results are actually out for that...tomorrow then...maybe...and praying I'm on the list.
Here's the content I'm here for, conspiracies to give us hope each day and then be crushed again at 5pm when there are still no results. Do you know the exact date this was added to their schedule and released to the public? If it was recent maybe they know something. If it's been scheduled for a while my money is on them just going off past release dates. Does anybody else's boards have celebrations like this one scheduled? Also is anyone aware of any instances where a celebration was scheduled but then had to be rescheduled due to late results.

Don't you all work?  talking about Disney + tv shows and Xbox? I'm here seating in a bunch of work thinking how to finish and not do anything at the same time...I hope all of you pass this freaking exam because I feel the anxiety on you all 😂

Back