October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are results getting released? What day of the week do they normally come out? What time of day are they normally released? Does anything change for a leap year? Are the PE exams results tied to the SE exam? I think they are. What is the moon phase when results are normally released? When does the Chinese calendar predict release of results? What is this "Controls cut score meeting?" Will results be released before this? Will results be released before today?

So in the past 6-7 weeks I have:

- Interviewed for a job week before PE

- Taken the PE

Results of both are expected this week. Anxiety levels have not been higher. 
Good luck on both! I've been following this post for a while now, I also interviewed for new jobs around time taking PE.  Start my new job in January, very excite.  Passing PE would be getting the cake and being able to eat it too!

When are results getting released? What day of the week do they normally come out? What time of day are they normally released? Does anything change for a leap year? Are the PE exams results tied to the SE exam? I think they are. What is the moon phase when results are normally released? When does the Chinese calendar predict release of results? What is this "Controls cut score meeting?" Will results be released before this? Will results be released before today?
  1. 8-10 weeks after the exam. 12-16 in Pennsylvania
  2. any weekday
  3. anytime during regular east coast business hours
  4. yes, February 29 becomes a thing
  5. nope
  6. on second thought, sure why not. you can't be wrong!
  7. only during an annular eclipse
  8. yes, i could tell you, but then id have to kill you
  9. they figure out how to safely cut wires
  10. lol, no
  11. yes, for October 2018
bonus: 47

I just emailed NCEES and asked for my results. This was there reply:

1CCBxw.gif

1. 8-10 weeks after the exam. 12-16 in Pennsylvania
  2. any weekday
  3. anytime during regular east coast business hours
  4. yes, February 29 becomes a thing
  5. nope
  6. on second thought, sure why not. you can't be wrong!
  7. only during an annular eclipse
  8. yes, i could tell you, but then id have to kill you
  9. they figure out how to safely cut wires
  10. lol, no
  11. yes, for October 2018
bonus: 47
Why 8-10 weeks??? How long does it take to grade a Scantron??? It can't possibly take that long.

I thought I was going to die of waiting when my children were both two weeks overdue. I never imagined that anything could be worse than irrationally wondering if I’d be pregnant forever. But this. This is worse. I can’t even schedule an emergency “give me the results” c-section. 

I don't have kids but....is that weird? Like is that a thing you are excited that they let you know?
Eh. It's a little comforting. I spent 6 weeks with him, so I know his schedule. Knowing he is doing well and doing normal baby stuff makes me feel better especially being a first time dad.

I don't have kids but....is that weird? Like is that a thing you are excited that they let you know?
They probably wouldn't normally let you know your kid took a crap.  It becomes a problem though, worthy of attention being called to, when your child takes a crap in another child's lunchbox.

Eh. It's a little comforting. I spent 6 weeks with him, so I know his schedule. Knowing he is doing well and doing normal baby stuff makes me feel better especially being a first time dad.
OK, it makes a little more sense to me for a baby. I was envisioning knowing every time a 4 year old goes to the bathroom (the age of my niece) and just wondering if you really wanted to know that. 

Side note: when my dad took this exam back in 1996 (when it wasn't a scantron) it took 8-10 weeks to get their scores, and that included mailing time. The fact that it still takes "8-10 weeks" is kind of absurd, if you ask me. But I know you didn't. So there's that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back