October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Virginia 2nd time test taker here. Took the test last October and results were released on Wednesday Dec 5th at 3pm. I think it’s today.. if I fail again I’ll just cry myself to sleep like I did last year. Already bought kleenex

I'll add that every other session with a known causal impediment to release had a referenceable date. Not so this time.

Sessions without causal impediment basically follow a pattern based on days-since-exam.

We are in the former.
So what you're saying is. It can be the week of Christmas. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone definitively say if the registration open date for the next cycle has any impact on results release?

Rather, have results ever been released after the registration for the next cycle has opened?

Last edited by a moderator:
but surely they could have planned on the impending holiday and worked around it to allow a reasonable release date? meh.

Could? Yes.

Did? Maybe. Who's knows?  :dunno:
Exactly.

A meeting the weekend around Nov 22/23 is a bit early based on everything else they have to do, but it's still possible. They usually try schedule around impending holidays.

One thing that works against this being scheduled early is that this is a minor exam. The once/year exams tend to schedule their meetings later. My personal theory is becasue it's in a less active discipline, that the committee members sorta forget that they need to schedule it early in the planning process. Scheduling a meeting around 20-30 engineers from around the country is tough. It becomes difficult to get everyone's schedules to match. So they end up crashing the schedule and forcing a meeting with whatever they can pull together at the last minute.

Well I just registered so 83 Members and 403 Guests.

I was fine with the waiting until someone told me to check out this forum, now I'm anxious. Thanks for nothing guys!
Welcome to EB!

Can anyone definitively say if the registration open date for the next cycle has any impact on results release?

Rather, have results ever been released after the registration for the next cycle has opened?
The registration deadline has no effect on the results release and vise-versa

Results have been released after the registration period has opened. I can think of many examples. It's par for the course in Pennsylvania.

Nah, it's not that bad. 8-10 weeks is nromal for the old blue-book style exams, so anything prior to 2008 for PE. I think SE still releases after 8-0 weeks.

VA_repeat said:
Virginia 2nd time test taker here. Last year October results were released on Wednesday Dec 5th at 3pm. Might be anytime now..

ncees should release the release date and time a week in advance of the release date, to spare us this anxiety urgh
They do give a date: 8-10 weeks.

October 2013 was the last time Thanksgiving occurred on the 28th of November. The release date in October of 2013 was 40 days after the exam. The exam was taken on October 25th that year. Exam results were released Wednesday December the 4th, 2013. There is still hope.

October 2013 was the last time Thanksgiving occurred on the 28th of November. The release date in October of 2013 was 40 days after the exam. The exam was taken on October 25th that year. Exam results were released Wednesday December the 4th, 2013. There is still hope.
There wasn't an exam requiring a cut score meeting in Oct 2013.

Except the calculator, I borrowed everything I used to prepare for the exam from different libraries. If they release the results, I can decide if I have to renew the materials or remove the stickers and return them.  Some have been renewed more than once...

Not for much longer however. 

Back