October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...then they tripped at the finish line on season 8.  Nothing bad about the actors, just the writers.
I guess I was one of the few who enjoyed it (including season 8).  My wife and I enjoyed the whole thing.  We borrowed Seasons 1-4 and go the HBO free trial for a month to watch the rest.  We basically binged-watched and went through the whole thing in a little over 2 months from May-June.  It was my "mini-break" before studying for the October exam.

I guess I was one of the few who enjoyed it (including season 8).  My wife and I enjoyed the whole thing.  We borrowed Seasons 1-4 and go the HBO free trial for a month to watch the rest.  We basically binged-watched and went through the whole thing in a little over 2 months from May-June.  It was my "mini-break" before studying for the October exam.
I enjoyed the battle of Winterfell episode.  That was one of the most consistently tense episode of anything I've ever seen.  Other than that, I think the writing was weak and they betrayed some of the characters, especially Dany.  I would've been a little happier if they didn't rush the ending.  They could've at least partially redeemed themselves by making the last season a full season.  

I enjoyed the battle of Winterfell episode.  That was one of the most consistently tense episode of anything I've ever seen.  Other than that, I think the writing was weak and they betrayed some of the characters, especially Dany.  I would've been a little happier if they didn't rush the ending.  They could've at least partially redeemed themselves by making the last season a full season.  
I have mixed feelings about Dany.  I agree they could have put more time into the last season.  Seems like they crammed it.  Maybe make season 8 two seasons.  On the other hand, Dany was a victim of her own bloodline, IMO.  Her family was prone to streaks of madness/insanity/rage whatever.  But Dany seemed different at first (freer of slaves).  I didn't like to see the disintegration of her character and who knows what the author intended since that part hasn't been written yet.

You could also argue Sansa put the entire Stark family in jeopardy and basically got away with her stubbornness unscathed while Dany didn't.

I have mixed feelings about Dany.  I agree they could have put more time into the last season.  Seems like they crammed it.  Maybe make season 8 two seasons.  On the other hand, Dany was a victim of her own bloodline, IMO.  Her family was prone to streaks of madness/insanity/rage whatever.  But Dany seemed different at first (freer of slaves).  I didn't like to see the disintegration of her character and who knows what the author intended since that part hasn't been written yet.
That's the crux of the problem. They crammed everything in in seasons 6-8. All that character development in season 1-5 got sacrificed for advanced the storylines. It's also what went wrong with Danny. If you read the books, her breakdown didn't come as a surprise, the signs were there in Meereen storyline. But it happened suddently over 2 episodes in season 8, so it came off to most fans as: WTF? In fairness, the showwrititers included some subtle signs along the way, but not to the extent that the novels did - and some of the signs they did include got watered down.

who me? or @JayKay PE?

we're just normal posters.
These are posters:

VR-World-Subway-One-Sheet-Poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back