October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get these silly controls working for the new regulator that's getting installed. I can lower the tap, but can't raise it.

giphy.gif

Tim is indeed viewing the hot garbage that is the WTTS thread:image.png

I'm sure that is loads of fun...

Why not. It's a spam thread.
Not much of a story, but it’s the only story I have that has to do with engineering and SPAM... I wanted to put it in the SPAM thread.

I was graduating and looking for jobs, naturally I go to my school’s career fair. I speak with all the Civil firms and afterwards I noticed that there was a SPAM Frisbee at the Hormel booth (a regular Frisbee branded with the SPAM logo, not a Frisbee made of pork with ham.) I don’t know why, but I really wanted the SPAM Frisbee. It was maybe a trophy for a day of fruitless job searching, I don’t know. But I wanted it. I started planning, poorly planning, but planning. Knowing that it was probably for applicants only, and me not being a manufacturing engineering major, I decide I would think up a great joke to get on this Hormel representative’s good side. After 3.7 seconds I had my joke in hand and I started toward the Hormel rep. He smiles and said "Hello."

I say "Hello." and glance at the Frisbee.

And that’s when I hit him with my SPAM one-liner… “Does a lot of engineering go into SPAM? Haha.”

He immediately turns red, picks up a can of SPAM and points to it, yelling, “Do you think it F%#*ing walks into the can all by itself?!”

Right away I realized my icebreaker was ill-conceived, and that I had unintentionally belittled his profession, not to mention I bet this guy is sick of SPAM jokes. I didn’t even try to explain or apologize. I did a 180 and got out of the conference room as fast as I could. If that Hormel guy is out there, sorry, I just wanted a Frisbee.

TL;DR

Don’t joke about SPAM with Hormel Engineers

I wish I could owned a pet. My landlord doesn't allow it. 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back