October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are moving away from so many greenfields. I might have to go to Texas next year for a breaker replacement I designed earlier this yeah. Bah.
We're still doing greenfields. I'm just not on those teams. Which is fine. I hate greenfields. I got too many in a row. They're boring after the first one 

Visual is stupid and I hate it. I'm currently running two versions on my machine - one to calculate and one to export. *eyeroll*
I haven't used Visual since 2015. I had to help an intern 2 summers ago with it and the newer version was so different than what I had used in 2015 that it was not a quick convo lol 

MEP is where it's at. Previously I did panel design, PLC programming, startup and whatever else. I spent probably 50% of my nights drinking alone at random places across the country and sleeping in hotels. Once my son came along my wife said I needed to figure something else out. Now I stay in an office and only travel for vacation which I actually have time for now. Less stress. No out of town traveling. Its just great. Best move I've ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used Visual since 2015. I had to help an intern 2 summers ago with it and the newer version was so different than what I had used in 2015 that it was not a quick convo lol 
The only improvement is their addition of the design-tool, but it creates this nice 3-D image and then you go to hit "print" and it prints it out in 2-D.  I'm like wtf?  Maybe someone can recommend good illumination software?  I just use Visual because our lighting reps give us a free license.

MEP is where it's at. Previously I did Panel Design, PLC programming, Startup and whatever else. I spent probably 50% of my night drinking alone at random places across the country and sleeping in hotels. Once my son came along my wife said I needed to figure something else out. Now I stay in an office and only travel for vacation which I actually have time for now. Less stress, not out of town traveling. Its just great. Best move I've ever made.
I listed the pros and cons of my job earlier.  I have to admit I don't have to do any traveling, no weekends and I can't remember the last time I worked overtime (great since I have wife and a son).  I don't fill out timesheets and my employer has no clue how much vacation I've used or have left over.  I also get a lot of free breakfast/lunches and golf.  It may not pay as well as other engineering jobs but maybe it's all worth it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back