October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the boards!  Lots of good people here.  Just don't be a whiner and have a good sense of humor and you'll get along fine 😁
Thanks and roger that!  I find this to thread much better than the sub threads in OCT 2019.  The trolling with obviously fake test result releases is just stupid and annoying IMHO.  I think I'll stay on this one as an assist to try to keep my mind off of the suck of waiting.  

giphy.gif

i'm ready for the person who wants to answer handed to them on a platter to go away. keeps complaining about how many pages there are in the WTTS thread 
some of these guys are just obnoxious. I can't tell if its stupidity or anger? Their reading comprehension skills don't lead me to believe that they're going to see a green box in the next couple weeks.

I have gotten to do illumination in FOREVER. i've been doing line terminal upgrades for the last 18 months and i'm bored AF. before that i was loaned out to another office for 8 months and their client was soooooo standardized that I felt my brain dying - leaving on time every day was nice tho. but I felt stuck in my knowledge building. and i'm reaching that point again 
I only do it for substation projects. PE Exam illumination was nothing like what I do. Also, since SWRQ left, I'm the only junior engineer left - I have the cheapest billing rate. So I get all the crappy stuff. 😕

No clue. 
No one else seems to know either.

The reason for the potential NERC CIP violation is there's 2 buildings within the fence. And we wanted 1 RTAC brain for both so the connection would have to be fiber. But apparently that's potential for NERC CIP. So now we're leaning towards 2 RTAC Brains. Which seems excessive for the size and voltage level of the site. Like we're talking distribution not 500kV BPS. 

We're doing a job replacing GE D20s with the SEL Axion system. 2 of the sites are a breeze but one site has morphed into this ginormo effort because theres more than 1 D20 on site so we're going back and forth on replace the D20s with 1 Axion or multiple Axions. One RTAC brain? Is that a NERC CIP violation? it's a whole thing. and no one seems to be able to answer our questions so we can start it 
I have no idea what you or @MadamPirate are talking about.  I'm an MEP "engineer" (EIT lol).  So I basically design lighting/power.  The stuff you're talking about above is foreign to me.

I only do it for substation projects. PE Exam illumination was nothing like what I do. Also, since SWRQ left, I'm the only junior engineer left - I have the cheapest billing rate. So I get all the crappy stuff. 😕
I've only done it for subs too but I don't get the greenfields so I don't get to do it often

some of these guys are just obnoxious. I can't tell if its stupidity or anger? Their reading comprehension skills don't lead me to believe that they're going to see a green box in the next couple weeks.
What I've noticed in my firm is that those are the ones that pass. I'm sitting over here without the PE but I design circles around the idiots on my team with PEs. 

I enjoy doing photometrics.  I find Visual to be a bit cumbersome, but at least their design tool is easy to use for a quick calculation..

I have no idea what you or @MadamPirate are talking about.  I'm an MEP "engineer" (EIT lol).  So I basically design lighting/power.  The stuff you're talking about above is foreign to me.
Boyfriend has joked about me going MEP and joining his firm. And I'm just like "your voltage is too tiny for me" 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back