October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was when Baby Chattaneer was an itty-bitty-baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been doing that lately because we haven't unpacked my books yet. We moved in last year. I need to go through and see what I have, what I want to donate, what I want to save and set up shelving for everything.

I've borrowed books from the library lately. From my last haul:

1. Read Lu by Jason Reynolds

2. Read Good Behavior by Blake Crouch

3. Reading Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin
I actually purged a bunch of my physical books last year, when I moved.  I now read a ton on my library's overguide/whatever it's called.  I like it because I can read it on my phone or kindle.

I'm currently reading "Beautiful Joe", aka;. dog version of Black Beauty

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually purged a bunch of my physical books last year, when I moved.  I now read a ton on my library's overguide/whatever it's called.  I like it because I can read it on my phone or kindle.
same. Overdrive is very convenient. But the good ones are always checked out or on hold. 

Just a hand.

*snip*
JK reaction when this came up/not really looking:

source.gif

same. Overdrive is very convenient. But the good ones are always checked out or on hold. 
I always throw a hold on them, read a bunch of other books, forget about the app, and then I get an email saying my hold was automatically checked out!  Do the different libraries have different inventory on Overdrive?  My library is part of a huge network of libraries on LI, so there is always at least 5-copies of the books.  Really popular books have 50+ copies.

I always throw a hold on them, read a bunch of other books, forget about the app, and then I get an email saying my hold was automatically checked out!  Do the different libraries have different inventory on Overdrive?  My library is part of a huge network of libraries on LI, so there is always at least 5-copies of the books.  Really popular books have 50+ copies.
I am not sure about inventory. They should not because I can check out physical books from a different library via my local one. But again when i say good one, they aren't the famous ones. good in something obscure that I am reading. 

I am not sure about inventory. They should not because I can check out physical books from a different library via my local one. But again when i say good one, they aren't the famous ones. good in something obscure that I am reading. 
Ahhhhh, my library lets me 'suggest' a bunch of books when I can't find them in the catalog, but they show up in the search.  Numerous regency romance novels have been added to my library's digital inventory.

*is proud of that fact*

I better walk down the hallway and ask this question so I can go home. I need hot chocolate and two blankets. BONUS: no one is home yet so I can do whatever I want

"JUST TAKE THEM OL' RECORDS OFF THE SHELF...

I'LL SIT AND LISTEN TO EM BY MYSELF"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back