October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what I should have been for Halloween.

A telemarketing recording...

"Hi. We've been trying to reach you about your vehicle's extended warranty..."
One of my friend's dressed up as a student loan.  They got a lot of horror stories that night.

I'm definitely ready. I love living somewhere now where it actually gets cold. Now I can wake up in the more and enjoy hot coffee not just for the caffeine, but also for warmth. It's not as much fun getting hot coffee in FL when it's like 90F in the morning.

Oooooh and I've been enjoying hot apple cider and hot chocolate in the evenings, especially when it's cold. I'm milking this whole "fall" season thing. Trees actually change colors??? And it's all even better around a nice fire in the backyard fire pit!

I've mostly been busy killing people with words and getting ready for a 3-day weekend!
It's a little weird. Technically I'm a government employee, but we're treated as an independent company so we don't get all the federal holidays. We only get 9 holidays.

Here's what I know about electricity:

It involves electrons.

Ohm's Law.

AC alternates back and forth. DC doesn't.

Circuits are a thing.

Grounding is required for it to flow.

Rubber boots don't protect against lightning strikes.

... And I'm not even 100% on all of those.  :true:
I believe you got all of them except one.

Grounding is not required for current to flow. There are ungrounded electrical systems. Not often used, but still you will see them in the right applications. https://www.csemag.com/articles/grounded-and-ungrounded-electrical-and-power-system-design/ 

You were probably thinking about the fact that you must have a complete circuit for current to flow though. Open circuit = no current flow.

This is my neighbor's tree. Is was awesome getting to watch is change colors. Now he has tons of leaves covering his entire yard.

MVIMG_20191026_160706.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back