October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my husband and I are fairly lucky. We both don't mind eating less meat, though we're definitely not vegetarians. We have some really good veggie meals we make on the regular, and I've started to get more into my veggie friendly and veggie forward cookbooks (Oh She Glows, Love Real Food, and Dining In are my current fave's).
He'll try basically anything once. Which is great. 

I'm going to slowly make some more vegetarian meals, we'll see how well this goes. Or at least meals where it's veggie and there can be a side of baked chicken for him or whatever 

I can totally relate. I was born in Italy but moved to the states when I was just a baby.  So while my mom brought many aspects of that culture to our household growing up, I can't really act like I'm a native when I haven't even been able to spend much time there.  Definitely two parts of my identity that I've wrestled with.

I can at least speak from authority when I say Olive Garden is garbage :D
As some who looks very Russian/eastern European, though my family came over here I think 1920s, I have a weird mishmosh of 'tradition' vs 'American' values.  It's great when I travel, though, since so many people think I'm just a Russian who had family wealthy enough to have good English (as opposed to me being a horrible American worth nothing).

*edit* Yes!  Toppsies!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back