October 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was happy by myself, so why try to date?  I mean, only reason I want to date is so I can split expenses and have some who doesn't mind when I wander around naked (which is why roommates are nixed).
Lowkey gonna steal this and add it to my profile...

So for awhile, I lived 35min away from my job. And my running friends were all like "get a roommate so you can afford to live here!" and I responded with "I have 12 bookcases and hate wearing pants. there's no room for a roommate" 
My sister is a runner.  She wants me to run in the Turkey Trot next year.  I'm a golfer, not a runner though.  But I did some running last week to try to get my mind of the PE exam lol.

I enjoyed it (when I was in my 20s) but after a while it got old.  I never thought I would want kids, and when I would hear couples rave about how great it was I thought it was just a cliche, but now my wife and I have a 2-1/2 year old son and I can honestly say it's been a blast.  I can't imagine our lives without him.  Yeah, it's hectic at time but so neat to watch a human being grow and have traits that belong to you and your spouse.
I'm firmly on Team NoKidsEver which works out for me now (Boyfriend is indifferent) but I know for some folks it hampers their dating lives (I have a friend in ATL who cannot have kids and she's 40 and dating for her sucks because of that - along with a few other reasons) 

My sister is a runner.  She wants me to run in the Turkey Trot next year.  I'm a golfer, not a runner though.  But I did some running last week to try to get my mind of the PE exam lol.
DO IT.

I'm a Runabler 

Lowkey gonna steal this and add it to my profile...
As someone who lived in NY/LI-area: splitting expenses and being naked in your home really are the only reasons to have a spouse.  How else can you afford the property taxes each year?

I'm firmly on Team NoKidsEver which works out for me now (Boyfriend is indifferent) but I know for some folks it hampers their dating lives (I have a friend in ATL who cannot have kids and she's 40 and dating for her sucks because of that - along with a few other reasons) 
See, I feel weird because I really have no drive to finding "the one" and was never big on dating?  JK was always an ultra chubby/non-fashionable kid, so high school was never dating, and then in college I was working all the time.  I did date a little after college, but, again, I'm really content being by myself.  My relationships with my family and friends are really good, so I have no need to have a boy get involved if I don't need to.

I would have been completely fine with no kids.  I would have been happy to just play golf on weekends and whatever on weeknights.  I couldn't imagine no kids now though.  I guess I would have been happy either way 🙂

See, I feel weird because I really have no drive to finding "the one" and was never big on dating?  JK was always an ultra chubby/non-fashionable kid, so high school was never dating, and then in college I was working all the time.  I did date a little after college, but, again, I'm really content being by myself.  My relationships with my family and friends are really good, so I have no need to have a boy get involved if I don't need to.
Its nice having an emergency contact that isn't my mother lol

but i agree. ive never had the drive to find the one. and my family (my gram) has finally accepted that i march to the beat of my own drum and focus on literally anything else in my life that isn't dating. my mother dislikes children as much as i do so i have zero pressure for children or life partners 

Our culture definitely frames dating/marriage/having kids as the end goal in life, and it really isn't.  If that's what you want, great! But I hate how our accomplishments are so often narrowed to who we have sex with and how many kids we pop out.  Our lives and accomplishments are much more substantive than that.  

Especially in engineering: "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Its nice having an emergency contact that isn't my mother lol

but i agree. ive never had the drive to find the one. and my family (my gram) has finally accepted that i march to the beat of my own drum and focus on literally anything else in my life that isn't dating. my mother dislikes children as much as i do so i have zero pressure for children or life partners 
Lol, my emergency contact is my dad.  He's much more responsible than my mom.

My mom was kinda upset when I didn't get married at 24, like her and my sister did.  But I think she's more upset because I don't think any of us kids are going to have kids, so no grandkids.  And I know my mom would make a fantastic grandmother, but I am not popping a kid out for her.

I decided to go all-out and be my own Valentine earlier this year (made a nice breakfast on a weekday, made red velvet cupcakes, picked up takeout from a new restaurant I wanted to try, played my favorite album, bought myself some jewelry, poured myself a glass of my favorite scotch, opened a bottle of my favorite wine, bought my favorite flowers, etc) and it was a real eye-opener to how well I can treat myself 💁‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back