October 2018 Exam Study Progress

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, am working through the NCEES practice exam and bombed the morning session. This is encouraging.
I did as well.  I felt really good about it too before checking the answers.  But I guess it's good practice and reinforcement, really really have to read the questions carefully.

I did as well.  I felt really good about it too before checking the answers.  But I guess it's good practice and reinforcement, really really have to read the questions carefully.
There were some that I was close to getting, but didn't read the problem all the way through or made a dumb mistake with the units.  It was good practice for sure.  I'm trying to view this like I would a marathon.  I know that with all the studying I've been doing, I'm capable of passing, but just need to be in the right mental headspace.  

Anyone who has a copy of Davis and cornwell - can you messge me a pic of page 605 and 606? Should be of table 9-6 and 9-7. Would super appreciate it!!!

Anyone who has a copy of Davis and cornwell - can you messge me a pic of page 605 and 606? Should be of table 9-6 and 9-7. Would super appreciate it!!!
Tested combustion sources and their emission rates, and common VOCs and their sources in my version.  Is that what you need?  

UPDATED MOOD. 

giphy.gif

There were some that I was close to getting, but didn't read the problem all the way through or made a dumb mistake with the units.  It was good practice for sure.  I'm trying to view this like I would a marathon.  I know that with all the studying I've been doing, I'm capable of passing, but just need to be in the right mental headspace.  
for everyone I always say, it's so easy to assume what they're asking. do the multiple pass approach and read every unanswered question all the way through each time. this way for the more complex problems you have full comprehension of what they want. This is basically the only thing I changed up between my failing and passing scores. 

yup I just decided to take my lunch in the senate library with my book of practice problems. i'm jumping out of my seat because I'm so antsy (and over caffeinated) 

for everyone I always say, it's so easy to assume what they're asking. do the multiple pass approach and read every unanswered question all the way through each time. this way for the more complex problems you have full comprehension of what they want. This is basically the only thing I changed up between my failing and passing scores. 
Thanks for the good advice.  Knowing that others have failed before but ultimately passed is really boosting my confidence/hope. Haha.

I was getting really stressed while studying early this week - now that we're so close, there was a lot of panic and regret over the topics I wasn't able to devote as much time to. And the practice NCEES exam depressed the hell out of me. 

So to keep a good headspace while studying the rest of the week, I have a playlist of good tunes on Spotify of "comfort food" music.  That's honestly kept me really relaxed and focused.  

The big day draws near...gotta get my playlist ready for my drive to the exam site!  Since I have to travel out of town to take the exam, I booked my hotel room the day I got my authorisation from NCEES in my email last week. As I’ve done in the past, I got a room at the same hotel the exam is being administered— get up, get breakfast, and knock this exam out!🤪

Interestingly, the exam site for my region is at a new location from where it had been administered in years past. Which is good, because the past two times I sat for the PE exam, the exam was administered in this hellhole old ballroom at a hellhole old motel.  Maybe enough people complained to NCEES (or the fact that this old site went out of business). 

From the pictures I’ve seen of the new exam site, it looks much more conducive for passing. And it doesn’t have the aura of failure from my past two attempts 🤣

Back