October 2016 Spam-athon Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT! where do you work that you have a commute now?? you can always take metro! you have excellent access to/from downtown!!!!!
I currently live in Orange County and commute to downtown. My wife and I both work in downtown and our children attend a daycare in a City-owned building provided for children of City employees (convenient, but bloody expensive). The four of us all commute in together, drop the kids off, then go off to our respective offices. I wouldn't want to take two children under 2 years of age on a Metrolink train. The toddler would love it, the other passengers would be giving me the stinkeye. The house I'm buying is in L.A. County a fair bit closer to work, but it's still a commute. It's not the distance, which is actually pretty reasonable, it's the fact that almost 4 million people live in Los Angeles and probably millions more work in the area and the freeways in the downtown area were not remotely designed for that kind of demand. On a good day, my commute is an hour; in ugly traffic, it's an hour and a half. There was one day when the wet stuff came down from the sky and everyone freaked out and suddenly forgot how to drive; I arrived at work three hours after I left home.

I arrived at work three hours after I left home.
hehehe I definitely don't miss the LA commute! sorry to hear. best of luck with the new place, it will DEFINITELY help! and yes, water falling from the sky??? what does it all mean?!

hehehe I definitely don't miss the LA commute! sorry to hear. best of luck with the new place, it will DEFINITELY help! and yes, water falling from the sky??? what does it all mean?!
It means job security for insurance adjusters.

There was one day when the wet stuff came down from the sky and everyone freaked out and suddenly forgot how to drive; I arrived at work three hours after I left home.
It happens in San Francisco, too.  There just isn't as much land to necessarily traverse.

Man, the sprawl of LA is impressive!
Nevermind the County, just to give you some perspective the City of Los Angeles alone covers an area roughly one-third the size of the state of Rhode Island and is larger than the entirety of Hong Kong and it ranks somewhere between the size of Liberia and Panama in terms of population; as the largest city in the state, roughly 1 of every 10 Californians live in Los Angeles.

5 minutes ago, thejulie_PE said: I am at the hair salon getting my hair did and I'm not sure what I just agreed to! Eeeeeeeeee! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
GIT IT GURL! i'm sure it'll be awesome. post pics after!
Soooooooooo I now have some pink hair. Woops

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, thejulie_PE said: I am at the hair salon getting my hair did and I'm not sure what I just agreed to! Eeeeeeeeee! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
GIT IT GURL! i'm sure it'll be awesome. post pics after!
Soooooooooo I now have some pink hair. Woops Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Get your PE and start going crazy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haha right?

209db133936170f5dfaee36e16da3b8c.jpg

Eb isn't really a selfie space, I don't feel. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back