October 2016 exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did. I think I nailed both sections, HVAC in particular. I was sure to have at least more than 80% score easily but as time goes by the confidence level is going down as well. Still pretty sure I will pass but nothing is for sure unless I see "Pass" in my results section from NCEES. 

Waiting for results in the worst part of PE exam.
and yes waiting is the worst part!!!

what about the management technology questions?, were they easy for you?,  because I lost a long time trying to solve them but in the end I wasn't sure if I picked the right answer
I think those were pretty easy. Majority of those were simple economics and others needed some knowledge of how to read the drawings to answer the question. Can't be more specific, but I think overall management type question were not bad.

I took the Mechanical Systems & Materials depth.    Felt really good about the morning only 2 problems I wasn't sure on.   Afternoon was a little tougher but still felt good after it.  Had about twenty minutes to spare on both to go back and check my work.  Probably put in 300 hours of studying since mid August(including review course).    It's weird now I don't know what to do in the evening, I feel like I should be doing something.  

It's weird now I don't know what to do in the evening, I feel like I should be doing something.  
Get your life back by spending more time with the family. 

If you absolutely want to go back to study, knock out PMP certification( some people think it is a joke) or any other which is relevant to your job title or work.

I took the mechanics/materials section.  First time examinee; I'm hoping that was also my last (successful) attempt.  I found the morning to be tougher than the afternoon, which surprised me.  I swore I was going to get a beating on the afternoon session since I didn't feel like I prepared enough for dynamics/kinematics-style questions.  But I guess coming out of the exam and not wanting to immediately re-open the books to check your thinking is a good sign?  Definitely found value in having taken the School of PE online video sessions.  The best method to prepare was definitely drilling practice problems. Even Lindeburg's practice exam helped me exercise concepts that were important, despite their higher difficulty relative to the actual exam.

On a separate note, I hated when everyone started leaving in the afternoon with about 45 minutes remaining in the exam.  Surely, one would want to use every minute they had to make the best guesses possible on questions.  I stayed for the entire duration of the exam, but I did get to the end of the afternoon session with about 25 minutes to spare (and about 5 guesses that I had to go back and try to solve).

As a project engineer for a chemical plant (i.e. an engineer that typically contracts out any engineering design calculation work), this was challenging.  But I'm hopeful for a positive response in December, and I do think that beyond bragging rights, there will be real value and opportunity with having the PE license.  But I'm getting ahead of myself... now we wait for the results.

iu

Haha ?

I guess I should start spamming before I get banned!

I have to the conclusion that I am really don't like spamming so feel free to ban me now.

I probably will be the first person to be banned for not spamming in the engineering forum.

Haha ?

I guess I should start spamming before I get banned!

I have to the conclusion that I am really don't like spamming so feel free to ban me now.

I probably will be the first person to be banned for not spamming in the engineering forum.
I don't like spam either. 

Latest posts

Back