October 2014 SE Test - How did it go?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few words to maybe sooth your fears from somebody with past experience. When I took it this past April, I remembered some of the questions that I had trouble with. The following Monday (I didn't do anything Sunday except go to the French Quarter fest, perks of living in NOLA) I went back to the office and solved some of the questions using various programs that I had. I had gotten most of them wrong it seems, and I had resigned myself to taking it again this October (last weekend). Turns out I passed both Vertical and Lateral. So I will tell you this, you tend to remember the ones you had trouble with or were difficult, and the ones you got right and were easy you forget. So don't get too down on yourself if it seems like you got everything wrong, it's just because you're focusing on the hard stuff you didn't breeze through and you're forgetting how well you probably did.

Thanks phecke, and you're right, you tend to focus on things that gave you trouble. So, like everyone else, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

That was a good one Phecke!!!

I was feeling good after test and even now I feel okay sometimes, but other times I feel like I didn't do anything and I should start studying right now to make sure for next time ! It's crazy!!

Gotta drink more often to forget! :)

Hang in there, TME. I don't think you need to lose any sleep, I'm sure you passed this time around. I have pushed it towards the back of my mind. I became exhausted thinking about it. I have mentally prepared myself to retake lateral next April. Will they send us an email or something when the results are posted?

Not unless your state sends you an email. I've only received results via letters and checking the NCEES website.

I got to a point where I don't even care if I passed or not... or not really :) ...but I know if I didn't, I am right there...so one more push.

Let's enjoy 2014 because is almost over!

Cheers!

I received an email from NCEES when the results were ready this past spring.

It is encouraging to hear that people are feeling the lateral multiple choice are "evening out" and not being too far in left field. Last year when I took it, they came from all directions and caught me off guard. I think I got around 24-40 right with acceptable on all essays and didn't pass, was very frustrating. I hate how they grade these things.

Structural scoring workshop is scheduled for Dec 4-6 per NCEES Licensure Exchange. I think results will trickle down starting next week.

Back