October 2012 Exam Results - December

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping 2nd week, but it looks like probably closer to the 3rd week, given history...

Last year the PE was given on October 28 2011 and the first results start to appear on My NCEES website on December 14 2011. I know this because i still have the result report that i print the first day it came out. Yes i was one of the desperate guys who refresh my ncees website like 30 times a day when the results were closed to get released. At this point you just need to wait.

Then if you passed you are going to be desperate to get your PE certificate with your PE #.

Then you are going to order your stamp and going to be desperate for it to arrive.

When you receive your stamp you are going to take a piece of scrap paper and start to stamp on it like crazy....lol

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping it comes out a week after FBPE board meets on Dec. 5 and 6. So anxiously awaiting. I already typed my resignation letter. Ready to start my own bizness...

Nat GasPE-- Before I would submit the termination letter, I would gut it out another 6 months, with your new license in hand at the old firm. I would see how things go-- going in business today is tough-- it is not as easy as it seems. If you have a great "book of business" and think that some of them will follow you to your new business, great. However, that does not always seem to happen. I would develop a rich pro forma before you get started-- you may have done all of this already and are ready to jump, however, as one who counsels lots of small business owners-- gut it out another 6 months, saving every dime you can acquire while you get set up.

You can buy office furniture used, desk, chair, credenza-- no problem. You will need good computer equipment and a color printer. You will need some stationery, cards and promotional material as well as legal start up expenses and some office supplies. Get all of this set up BEFORE you pull the pin. Perhaps you have done all this already, however, if you have not, it will take you 2 months to get going, 3 or 4 if you move to a new location.

You will find that you are the guy for everything-- the trash, the coffee, the accounting/bookkeeping, the advertising, etc. There is no staff, just you. Now, if you have several good accounts initially and can afford to have staff, great. However, that is not the case for most folks going on their own the first time. This is more challenging than it looks, not impossible, however, more challenging than you imagine.

Just some ideas to consider if you have not done so.

Great advice and I have not done half of that yet either. I am looking to go very simple, found a executive office suite in the downtown district where all the permitting (city, county, state) agencies are located at that I frequent now. I found a space (300 sf) for $425 per month (includes electric) not inlcuding internet or phone and private bathroom, but in a perfect location in the middle of downtown. I just to buy a plotter (prints 24 x 36), color copier (with scanner and fax), flat screen on wall, many packages on ink for copier and plotter and copier and plotter paper. I am already incorporated, just need a Certificate of Authorization from FBPE (or do I?). Do you need a CA if you are doing business as yourself? I do need to get a new computer with AutoCad, Microstation, StormCad, AdICPR and other programs I will need loaded on it. I kind of got a client already lined up that I can get enough work that I can invoice a liveable amount each month, nothing earth shattering, but just enough. The only problem is that I do not have enough start up capital, so maybe gutting it out 6 months to a year is not a bad idea. I am looking to offer design, surveying and construction management services.

Ima young guy so I am not looking to get rich quick, I figure I got a least 30 more years to get rich and retire.

I'm in a similar boat as NatGasPE but have a slightly different strategy then slimply handing in my resignation letter and start cold calling potential clients. I have a unique yet pretty sought after skill set with some specific engineering software that most companies pay consultant fees to get. Although before I leave my mid-paying job, I would like to secure some small contracts, test the market, develop a small portfolio of completed jobs before I up and leave. I believe in having some type of safety net / insurance plan. You don't want to be in a situation where you can't meet a potential client over dinner/happy hour because you don't have the money to go.

I hoping this week. Last year the FS results were out dec 5th and PE results a week later. This year FS results were out nov 27th.

The number of PE candidates is significantly higher than the number of PS candidates this year. I would say that it will take another two weeks before we see the first results coming out.

Question is, did the FBPE board meet last year before or after the results came out? Or do they normal meet before NCEES releases the results? They meet on Dec. 5th and 6th this year which is only 2 days away.

Last year's Florida FE results didn't arrive until the 10th or so of Dec. (I got mine on the 12th). I think PE results came the week after that. The FBPE usually holds a meeting around the first week in December; I remember a meeting last year around the same time, around December 7th.

I still think the results will be in December 17th to December 18th for South Carolina. That is what the evidence suggests from previous release dates.

Back