Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, mine says the exam is available.  I must have bombed that bastard.

Welp, mine says the exam is available.  I must have bombed that bastard.
Mine states ALL exams that have an April test are available for me to register for.

From NCEES:

PE exams offered in April only

PE exams offered in October only

Agricultural and Biological Engineering

Control Systems Engineering

Architectural Engineering

Fire Protection Engineering

Industrial and Systems Engineering

Metallurgical and Materials Engineering

Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering

Mining and Mineral Processing Engineering

Software Engineering

Just warning, this is not necessarily the best advice if you do not pass your first time around. It's a common theory that the repeat test-taker passing rate is relatively low in part because when the second time people get down to study for the exam, they might do exactly this and then miss questions from the topics they did not study as much in.
Second time taker here, I studied the second time around like it was the first time and covered even more in depth on my weaker areas. Felt way more confident during the second exam and more confident with passing this time around.

Going to steakhouse on company dime for lunch, but still kinda thinking about exam results in background.

tenor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Second time taker here, I studied the second time around like it was the first time and covered even more in depth on my weaker areas. Felt way more confident during the second exam and more confident with passing this time around.
That's a far better way to do it!

Or could it be the fact that the NCEES feedback is very poor and if you work for an east coast firm that doesn't practice special seismic detailing (but certain states require the new exam despite being non-seismic states), it is very difficult to figure out what you did wrong? At one time, you were allowed to see your results to see what you did wrong. This whole nonsense of don't share the test questions really seems unprofessional and minimal effort to me. Something none of us in this profession should be doing. I am saying this after careful consideration and chose to state it anyway. Our licensing organization is lackluster, in my opinion.
giphy.gif

Back