Oct. 2018 PE Exam Results will come out ------

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They USUALLY get their results quickly 😈

One time I took a standardized test and my results went missing.  Wouldn't it suck to wait all this time and not know what your score is?

😈
Not really! Im not getting a raise or anything if i pass. The only thing at stake here is my ego. 

And also trust me, it sucks A LOT when your state does not release results the first day other states start to. It can be agonizing.

And also trust me, it sucks A LOT when your state does not release results the first day other states start to. It can be agonizing.
It's bad, but the level of awfulness varies with time

• First Day: neutral
  • Second Day: this is annoying but NBD
  • Third Day: bulging vein and visible sweat on forehead, but survivable. good story to tell years later
  • Day 4+: Full unbridle Phase 5 Anger
  • 1 week: Phase 5 & extra subphase E activities
  • 2 weeks: starting to look up contact information for state elected officials
  • Full Pennsylvania: coworkers are so nervous for their own safety that they notified local law enforcement and psychiatric professionals

NCEES states 8-10 weeks.  Is that overestimated?  I was expecting the results to be out a week before Christmas or so.  

NCEES states 8-10 weeks.  Is that overestimated?  I was expecting the results to be out a week before Christmas or so.  
In the two times I've taken it, results were released within 5-6 weeks. But I'm in a first-day release state...some others aren't so lucky!

I like how there's a giant orange box on the NCEES webpage telling people this, they are probably getting inundated with requests.  

In the two times I've taken it, results were released within 5-6 weeks. But I'm in a first-day release state...some others aren't so lucky!

I like how there's a giant orange box on the NCEES webpage telling people this, they are probably getting inundated with requests.  
Was there a notification stating 8-10 weeks on previous exam cycles?  

@RBHeadge PE, from the last NSPE meeting I participated in, the agenda actually included some other points of discussion related to releasing results for this particular exam cycle. I imagine that NCEES has probably not documented this yet on their website until all aspects have been confirmed. But based on what was conveyed during the meeting, as much as 5-7 days could be added before exam results release. I'll see if NSPE will allow me to post the meeting minutes here for reference.

Exam result should be out this week the earliest. Let the anxiety begins!

Back