Oct 2017 Results Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. So to confirm, this is out via license lookup on Dec 4? And not via NCEES?

Just asking so I know how to update the map.
That's correct. I called the Board and they were entering names of passers (12/4) into their system, and not NCEES.

MN confirmed via phone call that results will be mailed out today or tomorrow. Then it's up to USPS...

Just got an email back from Carrie at CTS (IL) and she said “Results will hopefully be released by the end of the week”

Let the torture continue for us Illinois folks...
I could puke I'm so nervous.

Same here.

Seriously, unless the people at CTS are into BSDM, I can't understand why are they doing this.
$money$

Once upon a time the contract served a purpose. I'm not sure its still needed. Now they do it because they are contractually required to do it. Most states have abandoned these contracts.

Same here.

Seriously, unless the people at CTS are into BSDM, I can't understand why are they doing this.
I don't know why I bother to keep refreshing, but there is just a sliver of hope they will release today.  Who knows though, I don't know why I expected much out of Illinois...

I don't know why I bother to keep refreshing, but there is just a sliver of hope they will release today.  Who knows though, I don't know why I expected much out of Illinois...
Does anyone know off-hand if the cut score is the same for every state?

Does anyone know off-hand if the cut score is the same for every state?
The cut score varies for each test and each cycle. NCEES recommends what passing score should be adopted for each test iteration. For simplicity w.r.t comity and reciprocoty every state adopts the recommendation. But some states, Georgia and I think Alabama, offer bonus points to applicants under certain circumstances such as being a veteran. So a passing score in Georgia may not be a passing score elsewhere. It's only an issue if that engineer tries to apply by comity to another state.

The cut score varies for each test and each cycle. NCEES recommends what passing score should be adopted for each test iteration. For simplicity w.r.t comity and reciprocoty every state adopts the recommendation. But some states, Georgia and I think Alabama, offer bonus points to applicants under certain circumstances such as being a veteran. So a passing score in Georgia may not be a passing score elsewhere. It's only an issue if that engineer tries to apply by comity to another state.
Thanks for the clarification, I meant to ask if the cut score was the same for every state given that the discipline and PM exam are the same.

Are Alaska and Hawaii always like the last ones to be out?? 
Alaska is usually one of the first states. This cycle, it's been delayed for some unknown reason. Hawaii is historically around the middle of the pack.

Alaska board has had a few staffing changes and they're not as responsive as they have been in the past.

Alaska is usually one of the first states. This cycle, it's been delayed for some unknown reason. Hawaii is historically around the middle of the pack.

Alaska board has had a few staffing changes and they're not as responsive as they have been in the past.
I see!! 

Man, i feel bad for those people that live in those 12 pending states... what a torture!!

I see!! 

Man, i feel bad for those people that live in those 12 pending states... what a torture!!
It's terrible, I haven't been productive at work for the last two days!  Here's to hoping we get results either today or tomorrow so I can go back to being a decent employee.

Back