Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the wife ordered a Theragun, - I was annoyed because they are so expensive, but these things are F'n awesome!

I about wear out that hypervolt from using it all the time.  

I put this thing on my legs for about an hour total last night and it was pretty awesome.

But I think the wife is just trying to trick me into being her theragun massage gun holder for he back and shoulders..

Going to have to go gluten free at least just for dinner for now,  for mr snicks sake.  His gut had been feeling awful all the time.  Dr wants to do a scope to see if he has damage, but hospital isn't doing anything yet.  We remembered niece was diagnosed with gluten intolerance last year(an inherited trait, apparently) and he has started going gluten free...a week later he is feeling better.  I think mr snick's dad might be gluten intolerant too.  He has always complained about feeling horrible after eating...their diet is heavy on processed food and wheat.     

I o9rderd a cook book  so I after some research I can work more gluten free into the mix

@snickerd3 if youve got an Ocean State Job Lots, Big Lots, or Christmas Tree Shop near you, you can get a lot of the gluten free flours cheaper there (Bobs Red Mill brand).

Also ibreatheimhungry.com is a blogger thats GF (&keto 🤷🏻‍♀️). I dabble in GF baking because of coworkers being/having celiacs.

Some GF AP has xanthan gum, some doesn't (binding agent) so double check the labels and have some on hand. I think KAF has it but Pillsbury doesnt.

We don’t aim to eat 100% gluten free but we do try and eat less of it in general and I have to say I generally feel better without it.

Want me to send you my zucchini’s pizza crust recipe?

We don’t aim to eat 100% gluten free but we do try and eat less of it in general and I have to say I generally feel better without it.

I'm intrigued since I started 8 zucchini plants... (none have sprouted yet tho...)

sure!  we tried a cauliflower crust pizza last night...omg it wasn't horrible but never again.  I was burping up cauliflower the rest of the night, not sure which was worse, that or after eating a hotdog.  Blah.   

sure!  we tried a cauliflower crust pizza last night...omg it wasn't horrible but never again.  I was burping up cauliflower the rest of the night, not sure which was worse, that or after eating a hotdog.  Blah.   
also with riced cauliflower, if you don't clean out the food processor ASAP, it dries and is a bitch to get clean 

made that mistake once (haven't tried cauliflower crust since i've heard enough that it's a PITA) 

I’m doing one zucchini plant! I have heard the stories...

I’ll dig up the pizza recipe when I get back home - it’s kind of a PIA to make, but we made 5 and out in freezer - we couldn’t really tell the difference & our kids ate it up.

I hope that you are ready to have more zucchini then you know what to do with. Start compling recipes now.
so you say that but last year, i started 6 plants. 5 made it. and i got like 9 zucchinis. 

i also love zucchini. and our favorite breakfast muffins use zukes.

the weather was messed up last year...all pollination was screwed up.  lots of gardens around here didn't work.  

If he likes Chinese/Japanese dishes, real soba noodles are gluten free.  Just check the label to make sure they don't mix other flours with the buckwheat flour.  Easy stir fry option.

For general pasta substitutes, corn pasta to me tastes way more like the real deal than the multigrain type stuff.  If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they actually have a decent bagged pasta made from brown rice and *gasp* quinoa.  

I'm also a huge fan of buckwheat pancakes/waffles.  Sadly, I looked up the mix my Nana used to bring home from her trips to PA when I was a kid, and it's got wheat flour in it too :(  

Wife and I are trying to get back into shape... again...  She's wanting to try long term diet of intermittent fasting - only eating your daily calories in a defined four-hour window.  She got miffed when I told her I have to eat.  So, she'll be doing that and I'm just limiting my carb and overall food intake.  Only fried eggs this morning - no cheese and no toast.  Lunch today - baby carrots, hard boiled eggs, and a cutie.  

This gonna suck, but I need to lose some fluff.

I have a hard time eating right when I am not exercising, I know even though I have worked out a lot this last 2 months I am eating much more crappier then if I had a normal routine (& didnt have access to the snacky snacks)

We got some huge to go steaks while we were in Rapid City Thursday night (had to get the stuff out of the kids dorm) I felt like shit so i didnt eat anything at all Friday- not sure if that is intermittent fasting but it sure as hell made me hungry!

I've just been eating and eating and eating, even though my schedule of work hasn't really changed.  I guess filling up my time with going to the gym really did make a difference.
Part of why I hate working from home - I'm always about 25 feet away from the fridge!

Back