Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. That 7 was probably a lot of water weight. 

2. What's your maintenance plan after this? 
It may have been a lot of water weight.  Either way, it's gone and I could feel it.  Moving on after this, I'll just eat healthier (continue the no snacking / grazing when I'm bored at home, no finishing meals of the small dependents in the house, etc...) and continue running and resistance here and there.  We've even talked about doing the local marathon around Christmas.  I also haven't had any alcoholic beverages in almost 4 weeks and I know that's where a lot of my winter energy storage came from.  We're haven't quit the booze forever, we're just not going to make a drink because the kids have us on edge.  Wife's onboard and that'll make it a lot easier to keep on this path.

I saw this and literally was like, "Bathroom.  Number 2.  I know what you're trying to do."

Like when my dad would be like, "I lost 20 lbs!" after he'd finish in the bathroom.
:appl:  Anyone who has ever been on a high-protein diet knows the reality.  

I dont normally watch the news, but this caught my eye last night and I had to go find this photo - but holy shit we let 4 star generals look like this?

(my only interest in this photo is the fat general) I cant tell if this is the Army or Air Force? Looks like army to me? - either way horrible example for your soldiers..

chubby general.jpg

maybe he layered with some Kevlar?  in case of cross fire  he isn't keeping the best company

and he should fire his tailor....they did a horrible job

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont normally watch the news, but this caught my eye last night and I had to go find this photo - but holy shit we let 4 star generals look like this?

(my only interest in this photo is the fat general) I cant tell if this is the Army or Air Force? Looks like army to me? - either way horrible example for your soldiers..

View attachment 17828
General Mark Milley. He's Army. 

Damn that’s the head of the joint chiefs....
Maybe he's going off AF standards. If you have a meaty neck, you get to carry a few more pounds. 

This fact brought to you by a girl who's gene pool decided to go with her father's meaty neck. 

well F-udge! 

got the official no refund for spartan - code to sign up for another one - so annoying, wont ever do this again.. I think for 2 people this thing was $300 bucks?

Be curious if they tack on a bunch of new BS fees assuming I can find another race to do.

@CSB - We are thinking about the Vegas on in March - thats about the closest one I see

well F-udge! 

got the official no refund for spartan - code to sign up for another one - so annoying, wont ever do this again.. I think for 2 people this thing was $300 bucks?

Be curious if they tack on a bunch of new BS fees assuming I can find another race to do.

@CSB - We are thinking about the Vegas on in March - thats about the closest one I see
Damnit! I saw this post before I saw the email. 

This was my second try at an OCR because the Warrior Dash canceled. I'm pretty darn tempted to take the merchandise credit and at least get a sandbag or something out of it. 

The "free" registration they offered to people from Warrior Dash didn't include all the BS fees, so it was still another $30 to use the free code. I'm guessing the fees might not be fully included. 

EDIT: Maybe now I can get that climbing rope for the backyard! 

ANOTHER EDIT: Tried it and indeed you gotta pay $25 to redeem the free code. 

Last edited by a moderator:
total BS, - I know I paid more than $200 for the "race" - for two people - Im going to scream at them via email but I am not sure it matters...

Maybe I could get some satisfaction doing the race but being a total dick in the process? like walking, scuffing my feet, cutting on the rope climbs in half or something?

i know - 3rd world problems...

total BS, - I know I paid more than $200 for the "race" - for two people - Im going to scream at them via email but I am not sure it matters...

Maybe I could get some satisfaction doing the race but being a total dick in the process? like walking, scuffing my feet, cutting on the rope climbs in half or something?

i know - 3rd world problems...
At the very least they could provide a volunteer to do the burpees for obstacles I fail. 

Joined a gym on Friday.  Little bit more expensive that I wanted, but I also just need to get back into it.  They mostly do semi-private classes, which was way too expensive for me, but they also do group training twice a day (and the afternoon time works really well for me getting back into a 3x/week schedule).  It's an Olympic lift gym which, idk, I've never done anything like this before?  I didn't need to sign a contract, and it's month to month, so I figure I can try it out and if it totally doesn't work/I feel like shit, I can easily back out.

I actually want to try and track my progress (I've never done that before when working out).  I might take measurements.  Maybe even a picture?

Then that means I'd need to get a mirror...Ugh.  This is a horrible choice.

Never mind.  This whole exercise thing is a horrible idea.  Woke up today in pain from the assessment.  And I didn't even do that much?

It was 3 min bike + a couple different variations of squats (kettlebell, etc), and my legs already hurt.  On one hand, yay, getting back into things...on the other...I feel like I might have jumped into the deep end of the pool without looking.  God, I hope these people are nice.  The guy who did my assessment (and who I think is currently teaching the group classes), seemed nice...but I don't want to hold up people during the workout.  I really hope that everything is time based and not rep based because I might die...

Back