Now Playing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Transformers 2 today with FMJR - I thought it was better than the first but still something doesn't click with me when it comes to that movie. A lot of people brought young children - the movie really isn't appropriate for young children between some of the language and violence, IMHO.

I am going to have to convince FMJR to catch that movie with me, though I think she is afraid to let me see it lest that sort of thing happen in my upcoming wedding! :rotflmao:

JR
Man I hate that, when me and Christina went to see Tropic Thunder. A family of 5 sat right in front of us. The youngest was about 6 the oldest maybe 12. That movie was not kid friendly. It could have ruined the movie for me if I was not hammered.

Man I hate that, when me and Christina went to see Tropic Thunder. A family of 5 sat right in front of us. The youngest was about 6 the oldest maybe 12. That movie was not kid friendly. It could have ruined the movie for me if I was not hammered.
Unlike Tropic Thunder, it was probably a reasonable assumption that Transformers would have been a kid-friendly film. I freakin' loved the transformers when I was growing up, but then they ruined it with Beast Wars and I haven't watched it since.

My wife and I went to the Hangover and there were quite a few scenes where I laughed out loud. The little Asian guy annoyed me after the first scene where he jumped out of the car, but if you're into the over the top vulgar, physical humor - you'll roll on the floor laughing.

My neighbors saw it (late 50's) and they said that they saw it last week and it must be a difference in generations, because they thought it was disgusting and horrible movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My wife and I went to the Hangover and there were quite a few scenes where I laughed out loud. The little Asian guy annoyed me after the first scene where he jumped out of the car, but if you're into the over the top vulgar, physical humor - you'll roll on the floor laughing.
My favorite part of that scene is when they are leaning against the car after getting their ass kicked by a naked asian, and they say "Who WAS that guy?", "He was mean."

I saw Transformers 2 on Friday (skipped out of work early to see it with my brother and a bunch of people he works with)... I enjoyed it... a little long, but not noticeable...

I'm not getting why people are so up in arms about the "racism"/etc in it... I'm not seeing it... of course, I could've been too distracted by Megan Fox to notice...

I'm not getting why people are so up in arms about the "racism"/etc in it... I'm not seeing it... of course, I could've been too distracted by Megan Fox to notice...
I felt the claims of 'racist stereotypes' was a bit reaching given the context in which the movie was made.

And as far as Megan Fox ... +1 on that !!!!! :Banane20:

JR

^At least three of my friends said they really enjoyed it. I have stayed away because of all the bad professional reviews (probably mostly because I get to see maybe one movie every two weeks, so I don't want to waste money)

I took my son to see Transformers 2. I agree it was not all that appropriate for kids, but my son has a pretty mature taste, when it comes to fighting robots. He enjoyed it. I thought it was far, far too long, for what it was.... But I enjoyed it, overall.

I took my son to see Transformers 2. I agree it was not all that appropriate for kids, but my son has a pretty mature taste, when it comes to fighting robots. He enjoyed it. I thought it was far, far too long, for what it was.... But I enjoyed it, overall.
That's amazing that he didn't freak out over it - lots of big bangs and explosions!! I am glad he enjoyed it though!! :)

I was waiting for the two small children in front of me (both < 10 yrs old) to have complete freak outs fits!! The little boy was wrapped up in his chair for practically the entire film ... it ticked me off that he was obviously scared and neither of his parents did anything but let him sit there curled up through the movie.

JR

^^ Well, that's two good reviews from Transformers 2.

The internet is kind of bashing that movie right now. I'm actually afraid to go and see it since the first one rocked.

The internet is kind of bashing that movie right now. I'm actually afraid to go and see it since the first one rocked.
If you liked the first one - you will definitely like the second one. LOTS more action!! As Dleg said, it is a tad long at 2.5 hrs, but I think it doesn't wear on you. :)

Also, seeing it in a theater probably beats watching from home considering all the action/fighting/sounds.

JR

I saw Transformers 2 last night, I was prepared for a horrible movie and was pleasantly surprised its wasn't as bad as I expected. I mean, there's absolutely no plot, but there were some funny parts (the mom was hilarious!) and the action was awesome. I thought it was too long and had too many slow-motion running scenes. I can suspend my disbelief for the whole transformer idea, but I expect the government reactions to be more realistic.

Transformers is one of very few movies that I turned off halfway through and returned. I was pretty disappointed in it.

okay watched Gran Torino the other day, my god did that movie suck, way over-rated, I was expecting Dirt Harry / Death Wish but this was just not even worth watching to the end....

^Disagree. I thought it was an excellent movie. You're obviously not on Clint's wavelength.

I plan on taking FMJR to see the new Harry Potter movie soon (like this weekend) and we want to see The Proposal. For some reason, I STILL can't get her to go see The Hangover with me.

JR

I plan on taking FMJR to see the new Harry Potter movie soon (like this weekend) and we want to see The Proposal. For some reason, I STILL can't get her to go see The Hangover with me.
JR

Do we get to see whatserface naked in that movie at all, or at least any side boob?

No. I've already seen Emma Watson boob, but I want to see some Sandra Bullock side boob.
You should have been more clear. I thought you were talking about seeing boobs in The Hangover (which you do get to see one of Heather Graham's boobs). I would also like to see some Sandra Bullock boob...I've had a crush on her since Speed.

Back