Now, for the wait ....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was trying to maybe be a little funny with my last post and mainly after posting and reading........well, I wasn't trying to be insulting or not nice. Sorry if it came across that way.
OK. I'm a little dense sometimes. Sometimes a computer screen fails to get the point across. Glad you're here. So, how long is the wait?

OK. I'm a little dense sometimes. Sometimes a computer screen fails to get the point across. Glad you're here. So, how long is the wait?
I was surprised to hear my board say that the results come out around mid-June. I am in Maine.

I got mine last year mid-June. It varies, depending on your state and it's always an estimate. It's just too long.

I agree, its only been a week, and seems like it's been forever. Going to be a long 8 weeks.

You need to find a distraction. It will drive you crazy if you let it. Don't let it.

i've heard the rumor regarding the size of the letter they send you (being thicker if you fail b/c they explain your good/poor areas).

is there any truth to this?

i've heard it is just a rumor and not true, but i don't think i can discount it when i first see the letter in June. my stomach will be in a knot!

i've heard it is just a rumor and not true, but i don't think i can discount it when i first see the letter in June. my stomach will be in a knot!
The way I found out last year was on the State Board's web site. There is a directory on-line that lists all PEs in the state. It doesn't work for EITs because they are not listed. I saw it on the website, then a couple days later I got a letter.

The way I found out last year was on the State Board's web site. There is a directory on-line that lists all PEs in the state. It doesn't work for EITs because they are not listed. I saw it on the website, then a couple days later I got a letter.
Cali guys don't bother. The webpage has consistently (so far) been updated later than the the results come in the mail... so no shortcut there. its not that bad anyway, you only have to wait a month longer than any of the other states!

i've heard the rumor regarding the size of the letter they send you (being thicker if you fail b/c they explain your good/poor areas).
is there any truth to this?
That is true for Florida - a single letter if you pass, three sheets if you failed.

Good luck!

JR

I just did the math...and realized that the most likely date for the results to show up is both:

1. My birthday

2. When I'll be out of town

At least if I'm on vacation I can't neurotically stalk my mailman...right?

I just did the math...and realized that the most likely date for the results to show up is both:
1. My birthday

2. When I'll be out of town

At least if I'm on vacation I can't neurotically stalk my mailman...right?

I am assuming stalking the mailman is the favorite pasttime of all those during "the wait."

I think the NC Board website almost blew up last year. There were a couple of times when they just took it down.

I thought I would bump this back to the top....because I am REALLY enjoying the wait this time!!!! It seems to me like this has been the QUICKEST month and a half after the exam that I've experienced in about 3 years! OF course it's also the first time I wasn't waiting on results too!

I will say one thing to those that are waiting....it REALLY makes the whole process that much more special when you do finally pass. Now after being able to look back on it all, I would NOT change a thing!!!! The wait is part of the deal. I think it finally hit me the other day when a co-worker took the LEED exam, and failed it, then went back a couple of days later, took the exam and passed....honestly....it wasn't the same thing.

I know it's tough, but enjoy the ride!

Actually, my wife is the one that is waiting impatiently; whereas, don't really mind waiting... It will come when it comes.

She got all excited last week when I got a letter from the Alberta board, she thought it was my exam letter, but it was just a receipt for my dues... She was really disappointed.

Of course I told her several times that the letter would come from Washington state, but she doesn't let that stop her.

I think back to last year this time. I was waiting for results. I was absolutely MISERABLE in my job. I felt like my life was a time bomb and I could hear the ticking. FAST FORWARD: I passed the PE, I got a job that I love, I forget how agonizing the wait was. I guess it's like my mother's explanation of childbirth--you forget how bad the pain is.

Back