NORTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the NC board today and the secretary told me that they have yet to receive results? and that it would be another week until they process them and update the website with the new PE #'s......not sure if she is correct or not, but she last year it was the 28th of December that people were informed......does this sound right?
I don't know what date results were last year in NC, but the nice lady you talked to today may have lied to you. They will tell you almost anything to get you to stop calling. I would bet they have results out before Christmas. Be patient. We're here for you.

I took the exam last year in October (in NC) and didn't get my results until Jan 3rd because they don't deliver mail over the new year, so I am guessing she was telling you the truth and they sent them out at the end of December. I failed the last two times so I am also waiting! Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
so I am guessing she was telling you the truth and they sent them out at the end of December.

Based on last year's date the results started coming in around December 20th. The board met the 11th and 12th of this year so I would figure they would decide at that time who's in and who's out. Figure a few days of processing and updating the database, the 20th would fit.

rancam

This takes me back to the good ol days!!!! I'm sure glad this part is over for me, but it's fun to see the new test takers get so excited.....and yes, I know me posting here is going to freak a few out because it moves back to the top, but that's part of the fun!!!!

Good luck to all of you that took the test this past time!!!!

For NC, we get official results via snail mail. We do however have the benefit of knowing we passed before the letter arrives by checking the directory at nbels.org. People that passed will show up in the directory with a PE# as soon as the information is entered. This usually happens 3-4 days before the official letter arrives in the mail.

Found out a little more info.....we probably won't see results until the last couple of days in this month. This is what I heard through the grapevine. Almost 100% chance that it will be after Xmas.....which might be good - for me. Don't think I passed after seeing the cut scores. Anyhow, 'robgt02' is correct about checking the NC website. It will be posted there first, but still should be a good wait.

Bimmer, what leads you to believe it will be after Christmas? Last years results were posted on Dec. 20th. Do you mean after Christmas before they will update the website, or after Christmas when the letters will arrive?

After Xmas on the website it will be posted. I think that they haven't official received the results yet and they should have them early next week, but since it is a short week, they will probably not post them until the following week......we'll see, and I kinda hope after Xmas. The curve on the exam seemed minimal this time, but who knows.....anyway, enjoy the holidays and don't stress.

How can they not have the results yet? Don't they meet to determine the magical cut score? I doubt they do that without results unless they go off prelilminary information. According to the website they met on December 11th and 12th this year.

rancam

I am curious as to why you don't think NC has the results yet and also what makes you think the curve was minimal?

Some misconceptions going on in this thread:

The board does not have to meet prior to sending out the results. The board meeting on the 11th and 12th had nothing to do with exam results.

The NC board does not establish or approve the cut score, NCEES does that.

There is no "curve," only a cut score. The cut score is different for every test, including each sub-discipline.

I have been checking the site (ncbels.org) about every 10 minutes. I am in Charlotte and it doesn't appear to be down. This is my second time taking the test and I remember in June the site went down right before the results started showing up. I have my fingers crossed that today will be the day.

Good luck to all that are waiting... hopefully you won't have to go through the weekend without any results!

I can't hardly make it waiting through the day. I can't imagine having to wait through the weekend or worse yet through Christmas.

I have been checking the site (ncbels.org) about every 10 minutes. I am in Charlotte and it doesn't appear to be down. This is my second time taking the test and I remember in June the site went down right before the results started showing up. I have my fingers crossed that today will be the day.

It started working again for me, sorry about jumping the gun.

rancam

I really do feel the pain of waiting. I did it MANY times. The best advice I can give is to find a distraction and try your hardest not to let this drive you crazy. Hang out here for some entertaining distraction. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back