NORTH CAROLINA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jproctor6

IT Design Engineer
Reaction score
I sent an email to the NCBELS today asking if they had received the April 2008 PE test scores yet and this is the response I got back:

"We have not. Should be next week. We got surveying last week and the engineering usually lag about 2 weeks."

It may not be new news for most but I just thought I would share that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email to the NCBELS today asking if they had received the April 2008 PE test scores yet and this is the response I got back:
"We have not. Should be next week. We got surveying last week and the engineering usually lag about 2 weeks."

It may not be new news for most but I just thought I would share that.
I noticed that the board will meet in 12 and 13th, I guess we will not receive our result before then. For those that have taken the PE in the past, does NCBELS update the list of new PE prior to mailing out the result?

My guess is that the NCBELS will have the results ready to be mailed as soon as the board approves them. Meaning they'd be mailed sometime Friday (13th), and depending on your proximity to Raleigh, you'd receive them starting the week of the 16th.

I emailed NCBELS this morning and the results still haven't come in. They advised that the board does NOT have to meet before the results are released to the applicants. Also, for those who may not know, sometimes they update the directory on the website before the letter reaches you. So you can always check there.

Good luck everyone!

I emailed NCBELS this morning and the results still haven't come in. They advised that the board does NOT have to meet before the results are released to the applicants. Also, for those who may not know, sometimes they update the directory on the website before the letter reaches you. So you can always check there.
Good luck everyone!
How come ELSES has sent it individual candidates and a state board is yet to receive the letter.

How come ELSES has sent it individual candidates and a state board is yet to receive the letter.
Some states are direct mail states. Which means they have decided that ELSES can determine a cut score and the state board does not. Thus allowing ELSES to mail the candidates before the state is notified. (Although I believe that the state and the candidates mail gets sent out in the same package.)

Some states are direct mail states. Which means they have decided that ELSES can determine a cut score and the state board does not. Thus allowing ELSES to mail the candidates before the state is notified. (Although I believe that the state and the candidates mail gets sent out in the same package.)
I think in your second sentence you mean "confirm" and not "determine". I believe NCEES determines (or recommends) the cut score and the states "confirm" it. Or in this case, they just go with whatever NCEES says and has ELSES send out the letters.

I think in your second sentence you mean "confirm" and not "determine". I believe NCEES determines (or recommends) the cut score and the states "confirm" it. Or in this case, they just go with whatever NCEES says and has ELSES send out the letters.
Yeah, what Mike said. ELSES doesn't determine cut scores.

FOR ANYONE WAITING FOR NC PE RESULTS:

This doesn't work for FE, but the Directory on the ncbels website gets updated with new PE's before you get your letter in the mail. You can go to the directory site and type in your name. If your name is not listed, you can check and see if there are new PE's. I think the last license number as of today is 34305, so if you enter 34306 and get a listing, there have been new PE's added. Caution: don't freak out if there are new PE's and your name is not there. They update for comity licenses, too. So if all of the new entries have out-of-state addresses, that's not the new NC PE list. And, if the new NC PE's ARE listed and you are not on the list, don't freak out. Just know that you are going to study again and pass next time. I didn't pass the 1st time. Good luck. Be patient. I know how you feel.

I think the last license number as of today is 34305, so if you enter 34306 and get a listing, there have been new PE's added.
Thanks for the really great tip and the encouragement also. I just checked and there are no entries above 34305 just yet but I'll be sure to check it several times a day this week.

Thanks for the really great tip and the encouragement also. I just checked and there are no entries above 34305 just yet but I'll be sure to check it several times a day this week.
I think we might have blown up the server last year. There were a couple of times when they took it off-line.

BTW, it's not worth your effort to call the board office. They will not necessarily tell you the whole story about when results will be available.

Has anyone checked with the board recently to see if they have received the scores. I found it hard to believe that they are yet to receive it while so many individuala have already received it.

Has anyone checked with the board recently to see if they have received the scores. I found it hard to believe that they are yet to receive it while so many individuala have already received it.
They won't necessarily tell you the truth.

FOR ANYONE WAITING FOR NC PE RESULTS:This doesn't work for FE, but the Directory on the ncbels website gets updated with new PE's before you get your letter in the mail. You can go to the directory site and type in your name. If your name is not listed, you can check and see if there are new PE's. I think the last license number as of today is 34305, so if you enter 34306 and get a listing, there have been new PE's added. Caution: don't freak out if there are new PE's and your name is not there. They update for comity licenses, too. So if all of the new entries have out-of-state addresses, that's not the new NC PE list. And, if the new NC PE's ARE listed and you are not on the list, don't freak out. Just know that you are going to study again and pass next time. I didn't pass the 1st time. Good luck. Be patient. I know how you feel.

Is it true that the board does NOT have to meet before letter release/directory update occurs? Has anyone heard anything from the board today?

I'm sure the board doesn't have to meet. Here's a copy of the email.

From Subject Received Size

Stephanie Bryant RE: April 2008 PE Exam Results Mon 8:53 AM 13 KB

Not Yet, And no the board dose not have to meet for the results

Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 8:52 AM

To: Stephanie Bryant

Subject: April 2008 PE Exam Results

Do you know if the exam results have come in yet? Also, does the board have to meet before the exam results are released to the applicants? Please advise and thanks.

I'm sure the board doesn't have to meet. Here's a copy of the email.
From Subject Received Size

Stephanie Bryant RE: April 2008 PE Exam Results Mon 8:53 AM 13 KB

Not Yet, And no the board dose not have to meet for the results

Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 8:52 AM

Subject: April 2008 PE Exam Results

Do you know if the exam results have come in yet? Also, does the board have to meet before the exam results are released to the applicants? Please advise and thanks.
Don't meant to be rude but does "Kimberly Boik [mailto:[email protected]]" work for NCBELS?

I just printed out the email and PDF'd it. This should be easier to read rather than my "cut and paste" job. It would be great if someone else would email them now. I took the exam 2 years ago and we received our results in 7 1/2 weeks.

I just noticed that the times are jacked up. Her response is before my request. Oh well, anyone else is free to email them. It's not fake.

I just printed out the email and PDF'd it. This should be easier to read rather than my "cut and paste" job. It would be great if someone else would email them now. I took the exam 2 years ago and we received our results in 7 1/2 weeks.
I just noticed that the times are jacked up. Her response is before my request. Oh well, anyone else is free to email them. It's not fake.

I sent an e-mail and will post the response when I receive it.

I sent an e-mail and will post the response when I receive it.
See response below:

June 19 the letters will be sent out

Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:24 PM

Subject: April 2008 PE Result

Dear Ms Bryant,

I was wondering if the board has received the scores for the April 2008 PE exam and when we should expect to receive letters or when NCBELS directory will be updated.

Hey Guys,

NCBELS just updated the directory. I just checked and found out - my name is there!

Go check yours and good luck to you all!

Martin

Back